Chapter 2: A New Hope?

Start from the beginning

This put down Asuna's mood as she was tricked into thinking she had a chance to leave SAO now the only thing she could do was to clear the game for real. But as well as feeling bad about dragging someone else into the problem she just created, she soon realised that she should be great-full that someone came to her aid. If this Ronin didn't come she would have lost her life.
.
.
.
.
.
(Growling)

Asuna's train of thought was interrupted by her stomach growling. Gaining the attention of the swordsman in-front of her, embarrassed as a slight pinkish hue began to form on her cheeks. Her blade begun to drop off a bit from the Ronins face.

???: here this should help.

Bringing up his menu to navigate to his inventory only to bring out a single loaf in of bread for her to eat. Asuna was reluctant, hesitant that she should take the offer but the urge to have a meal was too much. She eventually gave in to the urge, snatching the bread out of the Ronin's hand and immediately taking a bite from the loaf. She had to say it's not the best thing but the saying aways domes "something is better than nothing"

???: here...

A pot was placed beside the chestnut haired swordswoman, he had noticed that she wasn't eating the loaf easily. The Swordswoman looked at him with eyes of confusion then eyed the jar with curiosity, then back to the swordsman.

???: you seem to be struggling with the bread. This should help you get it down a bit better.

And in a swift motion, Asuna removed the lid off to glance at the contents within.

Asuna: Cream??

She had a look of hesitation on her face, a lot of questions were sprinting around her mind. "What if it's been poisoned" she thought, she couldn't trust the swordsman. Yes he saved her but it could be a trap to lure her into trusting him.

???: if I have wanted you dead I would have done it ages ago, It's not poisoned so don't worry.

With this new reassurance, Asuna scoops up the dairy made substance and spreads it onto her bread. Asuna then takes a bite, tasting the dairy milk taste coursing through her taste buds. Seeing the delight of the new and somewhat simple delicacy, she started to devouring the loaf. Licking her fingers savouring every last bit of bread she could. After finishing her meal, she began to ask the swordsman questions.

Asuna: may I ask how you knew I was going to that cave.

???: I overheard a lot of people talking about this "hidden log out point" and was told that a newbie was coming to it.

Asuna looked down in sadness knowing that she made someone go out of their way to save her. Not that she wasn't great full for the swordsman to save her, but she had a side of disappointment knowing that she wasn't even able to defend herself. Asuna once again continued her arrangement of questions.

Asuna: sooo... may I ask for you name?

???: Muzan.

Muzan? she didn't know what the word really meant being the curious cat she is she wanted to know why he picked such a unique name.

Asuna: Muzan?

Muzan: hmm?

Asuna: may I know the meaning behind it?

Muzan:... it stands for cold-blooded, or Cruelty

Asuna never knew this. She was baffled by how simple name like Muzan stands for those words but she wondered why he chose to have a name like that. She decided to drop the subject until the Swordsman spoke once again.

Muzan: may I know you name?

Asuna: Asuna.

Muzan: just Asuna?

Asuna: welp I didn't really know what name to put down so I just used my real name.

Muzan: very well... it's getting late we should get going.

He then stood up from his seated position ready to walk off after motioning the Chestnut haired swordswoman to follow him. Asuna quickly rose from her seat before setting off with the swordsman.

(Time skip)

Nightfall arrived as the duo had developed their natural night vision able to slightly see through the radiating darkness. Asuna wanted to use a torch but didn't have the items to make one, her mind begin to wonder about why the swordsman in-front of her didn't need a source of light.

Muzan: we are arriving into the town now, this is where we part ways. I'll see you around.

Asuna: wait!

The swordsman stopped in his tracks before rotating his body to face Asuna. Asuna took her chance to ask a simple yet, and unknowingly... the best question she would ever ask.

Asuna: are you able to train me... to fight?

Muzan:....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Muzan: meet me back here at 0900. Then we shall begin with the basics.

Asuna was in shock yet she was happy. Shock due to the fact the swordsman accepted her offer to train her, happy because she found a way to get stronger. With strength she can find a way out of the world of Sword Art Online.

She might have possibly found...

A New Hope...