Chapter 15- good night-mares

Start from the beginning

I picked her up and, unlike how it's been most of the day, she held onto me.

"Ok..." she mumbled, "we can go back..."

"Thank you...now are you alright? That seemed like a pretty nasty fall."

"Yeah," she breathed out, rubbing one of her eyes before she put her head on my shoulder.

I waited for a second before there was a slight flash, and I blinked. We were back in the storage basement of the ship. I knew at least how the bounce platforms work now and jumped up it. Hattie held on before her grip on my jacket loosened and her hands just stayed there. I walked through the hallway of the science lab and ended up at the wall that takes the dweller's sight to get through. Well, not that convenient...but, I do remember what the bedroom looks like.

I pictured it for a moment, before going back into the science lab. There was a space under a desk to slip through. I took my crown off, holding it in my hand as I moved my arm back to support Hattie. I am more worried about dropping her than losing my crown...

Nonetheless, I moved through the shadows, and going into her room was shockingly easy. When I came up, I realized it was because the lights were off.  I fixed my crown back upon my head and stepped lightly onto the floor. It wasn't that difficult to see, not with my occasionally handy glowing eyes. I went and put Hattie into her bed, getting the covers over her and taking her hat off her. I placed it on the bedside table next to her.

I walked to the door quietly, and it let out a hissing noise as it opened. I glanced back at her to make sure she was still asleep. She was out like a light. I smiled slightly and walked through the hall into the main hub, and looked around for a moment.

The little vacuum was plugged into its charger, and all the lights were dimmed. The brightest thing was the planet outside the window. I walked over to what seemed to be a control panel and watched the planet slowly rotate. The ocean itself gave off some sort of light, but the whole planet did. Well, nearly all of it. Subcon was a dark splotch on it.

Watching all of this in the quiet it...it is quite calming...

I unclipped my cape and set it on the desk next to the steering wheel of the ship. And pulled my coat off after, resting it on the chair. I sat down in said chair and rotated it so I'd be facing a flat desk-like surface as I watched the silence of space...

Each blink got a bit heavier, and I rested my face on one of my hands...I shouldn't need sleep...I don't think I should...

+~+
|
+~+

"Madison...?" A voice called out, I opened my eyes, and realized I must have fallen asleep. Weird. But I turned my head to the one calling my name, Hattie of course—

Oh, oh my.

"Madison..." she sniffed, as tears were rolling down her cheeks, what happened?

"Hey-hey, what happened?" I asked, suddenly being very awake, and turned to her.

"I.." she gulped down sobs, "I had a bad dream..."

Poor thing...

"Oh, kiddo..." I got up just to kneel next to her, "was it scary?"

She nodded.

"Scarier than me?"

She nodded again.