39 || what's your type

En başından başla

"I know. I'm sorry. It's too early anyway."

"No, I'm sorry. It's like I'm holding you back. I don't think that's fair."

"No, you're right. It's been three weeks. We need to fall in love first, and even then we need to find our rhythm. I will not lose you over wanting to prove that you're mine."

He was quiet and I felt his eyes on me, so for a split second I looked at him, and his face was a deep red.

"What do you think it means to be in love?" he asked.

"I'm not sure yet, but I want to figure that out with you."

I smiled to myself. He would be my first love.

"Have you been in love before?" I asked, but I immediately regretted it. I knew I wouldn't be his first.

"I don't know," he said. "I thought I did, but in retrospect, I'm not sure anymore."

I knew he'd been in a bad relationship before, he briefly told me about his 'friend' before we started dating. I wanted to be a better boyfriend, one that showers him with kisses and consoles him when he's sad. Not someone he's afraid to turn to.

"You'll fall in love with me," I said in full confidence.

"Bold statement, Carrillo."

"What? You don't feel it happening yet?" I pouted at him.

"You're excruciating," he said, a smile secretly playing on his lips as silence took over. I couldn't handle the silence, though. I felt like I had to say something, because my thoughts were running a mile a minute and some of it was gonna have to get out. I had so much fucking energy and I didn't know how to dispose of it from a moving car in a way other than talking.

"So are these our little new traditions?" I asked, raising my brows. "Getting ice cream, hanging out in cute private spots, kissing a lot?"

"Would you mind it?"

"No," I answered honestly. I looked at him as his skin grew redder. He pushed some of his hair out of his face, revealing the greens of his eyes to me.

I turned on the radio. Nolan seemed to know what was happening before I even realized it. But the moment he turned up the volume, I knew what he was doing.

A million stars in the night sky,
none as bright as you

"No! Then that god-awful voice off!" I screeched over the loud noise. God did I hate this song. It was like I didn't even write it myself. It sounded like anyone could've written it. Well, anyone who wasn't me. Anyone else could've sung it and it would've done just as well.

You're too far away
This feeling's brand new
to me

I wish I could say that this was from a long time ago, but I'd be lying. This was released earlier this year, before the summer.

"You're definitely my star, Oakley."

"Fuck you!" I yelled.

Guiding me through the dark
Lighting up like a spark

Nolan outright laughed at me.

"How did I let them release this?" I yelled in a high-pitched voice. I turned the radio off completely so the only sound I could hear was Nolan's melodious laughter.