CHAPTER 1

Nathaniel's POV

I was enthralled by Aaliyah’s beauty the second I laid my eyes on her. She always had this beautiful smile and everyone loved her. I always looked through my window and gazed at her with a smile, but one thing was certain and I knew she was never going to notice me. At a point, I decided to approach her. But before I could speak to her, she got pulled away by her best friend, Justina. I stared at her for a while in hopes that she would spare me a glance, but it never happened. I just had to walk away since I didn't have any chance with her. I was looking through the window the next day, but I got caught in the act.

" Nate, may I know what you are staring at?" I heard my mom say.

I quickly shut the window blinds and turned to her. " What are you doing in my room , Mom?" I asked her not wanting to be questioned about what I did.

" I'm sorry. We are having dinner over at the Jones and we leave in an hour," She said and walked out of the door.

This was it. I was finally going to meet Aaliyah. I swiveled to open the blinds, but I was disappointed not to see her, but not for long, since I get to speak to her today. I rushed to my closet and picked out the perfect outfit which brought a smile to my face. I wanted to make an impression and I hoped she likes it. After I got dressed, I run downstairs and sat on the couch as I waited for my mom. I started to bite my nails which was a bad habit of mine whenever I felt nervous.

" That was fast," I heard Mom say from behind me.

I stood up and walked towards her with a smile. " I'm always on time. Let's not keep them waiting," I told her.

" Alright, let's go," she said with a curious look.

We walked to her house and I softly knocked on the door. When it opened, my heart skipped a beat. " Aaliyah" I mumbled.

" I'm really sorry Miss Taylor, please come in," She softly said with a smile which I always loved. I just couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked ravishing in her blue midthigh dress with her hair tied into a ponytail. We stepped into the house and saw her mom approaching us with a big grin on her face.

" It's so nice to meet you Priscilla and you too Nathaniel," Alisa said and hugged us.

" Thank you for inviting us,” Priscilla said with a smile.

"Aaliyah!" Alisa called out.

" I'm right here Mom. There's no need to be loud,” Aaliyah muttered as she walked towards us.

" I would like you to meet Priscilla and her son, Nathaniel,” Alisa said as she stood beside Priscilla.

" Mom, I already know them so there's no need for this introduction,” Aaliyah replied as her eyes met mine .

Her blue eyes complemented her dress and  she looked so breathtaking. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and never let go. I slipped my hands into my pocket, and smiled at her.She rolled her eyes at me.  Ouch!

" I'm sorry about this. Aaliyah, why don't you show Nathaniel around and also get to know each other?" Alisa said to Aaliyah.

" Alright Mom,” Aaliyah muttered as she turned and walked toward the sitting area which I could clearly see from where I stood.

" Go with her Nathaniel,”  Alisa said.

“ I don’t think she wants to do this,” I told Alisa.

“ Aaliyah is always like that when we have visitors so this isn’t new. She will eventually come around. Don’t waste any more time, just go to her,” Alisa said to me and I nodded.