12. The First Day of School

* * *

Azura Noceda-Blight and her brother, Malin Noceda-Blight stood at a distance from Gravesfield School of Human Education and Magic.

"This is it," Azura said. "The school that wouldn't have been possible without Mama."

Malin looked at it in awe. "To think Mama grew so much," he said. "I'm just scared." 

"Scared?" Azura snorted as she laughed. "You're my older brother. You being scared is just out of character!" 

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" Malin said. "Plus, you should stop that. Snorting is not ladylike." 

"Mama and Mom don't seem to mind," Azura said. "What's your problem, Mallie?" 

Malin blushed in annoyance. "Don't you call me that ever again." 

"Fine," Azura said. "So, why are you scared?" 

"I suck at school," Malin said. "I've known that ever since I started here. What if it gets worse?" 

"If you suck at school, it's safe to say it'll only get worse," Azura said. "Don't say I didn't tell you so." 

Malin crossed his arms. "You're annoying." 

Azura took that to heart, smiling smugly. "Why, thank you. As your younger sister, I pride myself on that job." 

Azura ran up to the school. "Hey, there's Ivy Ella, Adelaide, and Greyson. Let's go say hi," 

Malin huffed as he tried to keep up with his sister, despite her being just a year younger. "This year I've gotta work on not getting out of breath so easily. Oh, and also, being a heck of a lot faster." He looked up. "And it's Ryles." 

They all waved. But as soon as they caught up with each other, a screeching sound could be heard. 

"Is that... the school bell?" Ivy Ella asked. 

"Pretty dang annoying if you ask me," Ivy Ella's sister, Adelaide added. 

"Why on Earth is that stupid thing screaming? Someone should really shut that thing up!" This voice was from a redheaded witch who was ten years of age. 

Right behind the redheaded witch walked another redheaded witch not too far behind. The two were twins, both ten years of age, although one more resembled Raine in complexion whereas the other resembled Edalyn in complexion. But they weren't the only children that Raine and Eda had together. Oh, no. There was one girl far more worse. And her name was Vendetta Whispers. 

Vendetta was worse because she associated herself with the popular gang, for she was best friends and not only that, partners with none other than Sandra, the daughter of Boscha and Skara. The two girlfriends would never leave each other unattended. It was like they were inseparable. Maybe because, they well, were. And not only that. Sandra was the biggest and bossiest girl at Gravesfield School of Human Education and Magic - and Vendetta --- of course - came in close second in well, jerkiness.