2. First Encounter

"Surprised to see me again, Luz?" Belos said. 

"Not in the slightest," Luz said, readying her glyph magic. 

In her hands, Amity held the egg that held Luz's potential palisman. "Please come soon, please come soon," she said to herself, rubbing the egg. "If you hatch, then Luz might actually have a chance of defeating Belos and destroying the Collector's Empire once and for all." 

But the egg in Amity's hands did not budge. She started to freak out, but allowed herself to keep her cool. She believed in Luz. Luz did not need a palisman to defeat Belos. She just needed her friends, her awesome girlfriend, and her glyphs. But would that really be enough? 

"Your glyphs are much more powerful than the time we met before. Have you been practicing?" Belos said. 

"I haven't had time to practice," Luz said. "I've been focusing my time on getting my friends home and trying to do light magic in the human realm, and failing miserably on both of those. But because of you, I have hope. You coming into the human realm actually helped me, because if you think about it, it led me to the portal." 

"Helped you? Do you hear yourself right now?" Belos said. "Surely I led you to the portal, but you were so willing to stop me that you entered it. Does that sound like I helped you return to your rightful home?"

Luz paused. At just the right moment, Belos took the opportunity. He now had the upper hand. This is what Amity feared. Putting the egg aside, Amity ran to Luz's aid. 

But Belos was having too much fun. Belos attacked Amity and Luz, who fought back using their magic. 

"You forget that I invented glyphs, Luz," Belos said, creating the ultimate glyph. "Think you can beat that, Luz?"

Downtrodden, Luz fell on her knees. "You're right. I cannot beat that. I haven't been able to do magic for years until you found your way into the Human Realm. I'm inexperienced to fight you." She then stood up. "But that doesn't mean that I won't stop. I will fight until one of us dies." 

"Then let that be you!" Belos roared, unleashing his magic on Luz and her friends. 

Gus flew in on his palisman, creating illusions to confuse Belos. Those illusions were of Caleb. Everywhere Belos turned, he could see his brother who he cloned to become Hunter. Belos grew angrier, using his hands to shoo each illusion away. While he was doing that, Luz and Willow combined plant magic, tying Belos in strong vines. 

"I think we got him!" Luz said. 

Hunter watched Belos closely. "If I know anything about Belos, he doesn't give up easily. He's stronger than you think, Luz. It's gonna need a heck of a lot stronger magic to bring him down." Hunter looked down at the goo on his hands. "Just look what he made me do to Flapjack. I'll never forgive him for doing that." 

"Hunter, what happened to Flapjack is not your fault," Luz said. "Even though it's hard, you've gotta accept that you had nothing to do with this. Belos was inside your mind." 

"And I let him take over me!" Hunter said angrily, balling his hand into a fist. "Face it. I'm just like you, Luz! I need to get stronger, but we haven't the time!"