The Triumphant Trio

Start from the beginning

I acknowledged the other more "recent" photos and awards, one of the dates read "Slytherin Team Takes Cup 1992". I frowned at the thought of the Slytherins beating the Gryffindors. Then the date sank in. 1992.

"Crazy game it was last year". A boy in Gryffindor robes laughed. His seemingly twin brother smiled next to him. They're hair was a dramatic bright red and they were incredibly tall.

I paused a moment to think, I was 20 years in the future.

"Yeah yeah crazy mhm". I agreed unconvincingly while trying not to make eye contact. I could feel them staring at me with slight confusion.

"Are you new here?" The other twin asked.

"No". I thought to myself.

"She obviously is. She's in Gryffindor robes and we've never seen her before in 5 years". The other said sarcastically towards his twin.

"Yes, yes i'm new". I finally turned towards them. They whispered to each other incoherently.

"I'm Fred, and this is George". They looked back to me.

"Y/n, y/n l/n". I nodded with a smile.

"WEASLEYS!" An older woman with an unmistakable accent hollered down the corridor. The twins began to Cackle between each other.

I was frozen for a moment, It was without a doubt McGonagal. I booked it down the hall immediately, not wanting to risk any chance of her recognizing me. I took refuge behind a pillar. Taking a breath. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

Deciding to stay out of the lime light I traversed down to the dungeons, it was always the quietest there. I dug through my bag seeing what resources I had ended up bringing with me. My wand, A half eaten chocolate frog, some pencils and random books, Then thank merlin, the map. I sighed in relief, this would make it a lot easier.

Students began to pour into the dungeons, filing into a class which I recognized to be professor slughorns. When I stood I felt an uncomfortable presence behind me.

I turned to see a man with greasy black shoulder length hair and a permanent frown on his face. No, no there was no way that it was-

"Sorry Im late professor Snape". A boy mumbled as he hurried into the classroom.

I stood in horror. Snape! A bloody professor! My body was stiff and felt ice cold.

"New student". He said with a venomous hiss as he intimidatingly stepped closer.

I finally looked him in the eye and nodded.

"And what is your name?" He spoke flatly.

"Y/n". I said shortly with a gaze of steel. I could only imagine what would happen if James was here.

For a moment his eyes widened and mouth parted slightly. Like he knew me. I begged he didn't recognize me somehow.

"Your late". He said with a sharp tone before slithering into his room, and I with no other course of action. Followed.

I found an empty spot near the back of the classroom where I was mainly out of snapes sight. He started teaching almost immediately and made no effort to introduce or acknowledge me, and I was glad. Some students glanced back occasionally and I smiled falsely at the ones I made eye contact with.