Bravery And Battles

(Y/N POV)

The room was panicked, all of the students were screaming and shoving through the crowds, the music had abruptly stopped as teachers tried to get everyone's attention.

I was tugged back by Remus, who held me to his side as we pushed over to Sirius and Peter.

"Where's James and Lily?" I asked once we had huddled against a wall.

"I don't know they could be anywhere in here?" Peter said looking around frantically.

"SILEENNCEE!" echoed through the hall and everyone immediately stopped everything. Dumbledore stood on a table, everyone snapped their attention to him.

"Prefects, will return students to their houses immediately. You will keep them their until further instruction". Dumbledore said calmly, as house prefects started rounding up students and cautiously leaving the hall, and he rounded up the staff to search the castle.

The four of us left with our house, searching for Lily and James among the crowd. It was hard not to trip every 5 seconds while trying to walk up the crowded stairs.

Once in the common room, most students had already gone up to their dorms. I was panicked, Lily and James were still no where to be found.

"We have to go look for them". I said to the boys pleadingly.

"If there's actually a dragon loose in the castle we could die y/n". Peter said touching my arm.

"EXACTLY!" I said exasperated. "So could they!"

Sirius looked to everyone. "Were the marauders, no one left behind". He said sternly.

"No one left behind". We all spoke in union.

I looked around the room, both prefects were out of sight. I waved the boys on, as we snuck out of the portrait hole and into the staircases.

We carefully made our way down the stairs, I kept tripping up on my dress. I grabbed one edge and pulled as hard as I could, and tore the bottom of my dress, giving me the ability to walk properly, and took off my heels, casually throwing them over the railing. Sirius stared at me in horror.

"How could you?" He spoke hurt, as he looked as the dress, I only rolled my eyes at him.

In the dim light of the corridors we listened cautiously for and sounds coming from around the castle.

I stopped at one of the portraits on the walls not far from the entrance of the great hall.

"Excuse me, have you seen a boy with curly black hair, or a girl with red hair around here anywhere?" I spoke kindly to the portrait.

"Isn't there a dragon at large? You should be with your house?" The woman in the portrait questioned.

"Well yes, but our friends are missing?" I pleaded with the woman.

"Hmm, Im sure they had gone that way". She stated while pointing down the left corridor.

This long process continued until we eventually rounded a corner to see James and Lily, very passionately making out.

"GET SOME PRONGS!" Sirius cheered, I slapped him hard on the arm.

"Are you bloody insane?!" I whisper shouted at him as he rubbed the spot where I had hit him.

"What are you guys doing here?" James said annoyed.

"Oh y/n, what happened to your dress?!" Lily gasped.

"The whole castles under lockdown? There's a dragon loose in the castle". Remus clarified.

"WHAT?!" They both gasped.