Dresses And Dramatics

(F/C) = Favourite Colour

(Y/N POV)

It was a chilly Saturday afternoon, as we all boarded the train to Hogsmeade. Lily was dead set on going dress shopping early, so that all the good ones wouldn't be gone already.

"I don't even have a date Lily". I said to her as I stared out the window.

"Yes you do, Remus?" She said sarcastically. "If he hasn't asked you yet I can guarantee he will within the week".

"No you cant".

"Yes I can".

I sighed in defeat as I shook my head, not able to stop a small smile from tugging at my lips.

"It will be fun today, trust me".

(Lily POV)

We got off the train and snuck past the other marauders, not wanting to be followed. We walked down the slush covered street, towards a beautiful dress shop at the end of the alley.

We entered the shop and I was overwhelmed by all of the colours and patterns. Y/n Sighed.

"How in the hell am I supposed to pick one of these?" She said as she scanned the room.

"You'll know which one is THE ONE when you find it". I smiled, as we then broke off into sections searching for options we liked.

(Y/N POV)

I was looking through racks. Some dresses were beautiful, others were.......... an acquired taste.

I found only one that I truly liked. It was a (F/C) dress, that was strapless with corset like boning in the top, where small flowers were stitched into the fabric, and the bottom was floor length flowy tule, with the flowers from the top half also dispersed along the bottom of the dress.

"I like that one". Lily said with a smile. "Go try it on". She said as she shoved me into a change room.

After a lot of trial and error, I put the dress on, it fit my figure beautifully. It enhanced all the right places, and with some jewelry it would be perfect.

I walked out of the room to see Lily, who immediately grinned at me.

"I'm making you get that one". She said as I did a small twirl.

"I will". I said smiling back at her. Now for the hard part finding a date.

I took the dress off and purchased it. Not cheap. Lily bought a stunning green dress that flared at her ankles, she looked amazing in it.

We exited the store and began down the street, arms linked. I pondered a certain question in my head.

"If James asks you to the ball, will you say yes?" I asked curiously as she sighed.

"I don't know". She said with a shrug.

"He really likes you Lily".

"I know".

"Do you?" I said with a small laugh. "Not to be rude or anything like that but that boy practically worships the ground you walk on". I said as she bit her lip.

"Lily, you may know that he likes you, but I know that he loves you. Your my best friend, and so is he. I wouldn't tell you to say yes if I knew you actually didn't feel anything for him, but I don't want you to break his heart if there's another option, so give him a chance". I finished, as she nodded her head.

"Okay". Lily said wearily. "If he asks I'll say yes". She concluded, while I smiled at her.

"HEY PROSPER!"

(Remus POV)

Sirius waved his arms and jogged towards the girls, while the others and I followed. They were each holding large bags, which I presumed held their dresses for the ball.

"There's ice skating down in the square". Sirius smiled as he grabbed y/n's arm.

"We don't have any skates?" Lily said confused.

"They have spare pairs down there". James answered as he waved her to come walk with us.

We reached the square where the centre had been transformed into a very large ice rink, other witches and wizards skated peacefully. Each of us lacing up our skates on nearby benches.

All of us now on the ice, I watched y/n. Lily and her both skating around with each other gracefully. The guys and I all pushing each other around on the ice.

Y/n and Lily joined the guys and I in looping around the rink. Someone bumped into the back of y/n causing her to trip into me. I caught her before she fell, she was held towards my chest. I stood her up straight. She sported an awkward smile.

"Thanks". She said. "That was not embarrassing at all". She laughed at herself.

"Anytime". I smiled at her, as we both began to skate together again, while she held onto my arm. I imagined what it could be like if we were actually together.

Getting off the ice we all got hot chocolates. I was sat on a bench beside y/n, who was happily sipping her drink. While the others pestered Lily nearby.

I watched y/n, as she smiled to herself while watching the nearby kids throw snowballs at each other. I remembered James once telling me 10 seconds of courage was all you needed. Not that it ever worked for him, but I felt it flowing in my blood as I watched her. I knew it was my chance to ask her.

"Hey y/n, would you uh mayb-"COME ON MOONY, PROSPER, WERE GOING THE THREE BROOMSTICKS NOW!" Sirius yelled across the square as y/n and I stood up. I felt my stomach sink.

(Y/N POV)

At the three broomsticks the atmosphere was cheery. The warm fire supplying heat to the pub, while the smell of butter beer filled the room.

All six of us sat at a booth together drinking a round of butter beers. I could hear the voices of the girls in the booth beside us laughing and giggling, I swore I even heard them talking about Remus.

Everyone else at our table had gone relatively quiet trying to hear them, Remus looked a bit uncomfortable.

I realized I had left my wallet at the dress shop. "Shit, guys I left my wallet at a store". I said as I stood up.

"I'll go with you". Lily said desperate to get away from James.

"We'll be back in a sec". I said before Lily and I both left the store.

(Remus POV)

"I think she wants to ask Remus to the ball?" James said wearily as soon as Lily and y/n were out of range. I only sighed while rubbing my temples.

"Hanna baileys got her eyes on you". Peter said gesturing to one of the girls in the booth beside us. I remembered her to be the girl that was staring at me during supper.

"Speaking of dates how are you gonna ask y/n?" Sirius said with a smirk.

"I have no idea". I answered while taking a sip of butter beer.

"Get a move on or she'll be gone". James said warningly.

"I'll just ask Hannah bailey to go with me". I said sarcastically, while a fit of giggles erupted behind me.

Hannah baileys head popped up from the other side of the booth.

"Of course I'll go with you Remus!" Hannah said with a smile as I froze in panic, not knowing what to say.

"Wait Hannah-"

Her and her friends than left the pub quickly while giggling. As they left I saw lily and y/n standing in the middle of the pub, y/n's face dropped, mouth agape. She looked as if she'd been stabbed through the heart. I felt the blood flow to my ears, everything silent. She turned briskly and left the store, Lily chasing after her.

"What the bloody hell just happened".