Hogwarts Will Always Be Home

(Y/N POV)

It was the last night before we'd leave Hogwarts for summer vacation. I was always a bit sad to leave my home of 5 years, but this time I'd be living with my best friends for the upcoming amazing two months of my life.

I was walking down to the great hall with Lily and the boys. Remus walked a little too close to me. What was he getting at?

This supper was when Dumbledore would announce the house cup winner and give his end of year speech.

We entered the hall smiles on our faces. I watched as many seventh years had attempted to wipe their teary eyes as they looked around at their last supper in the great hall.

Taking our seats Dumbledore took to the front of the teachers table amplifying his voice for the students to hear.

"It is with a heavy heart, that I congratulate all seventh years for their tremendous contribution to our wonderful school. May you all find joy and success in the wizarding world, and I thank you for an amazing seven happy years at Hogwarts". At this many seventh years could not longer keep it together and broke down into tears. Friends hugging other friends to find comfort.

"It is the moment we have all been waiting for". Dumbledore spoke as James crossed his fingers mumbling quietly to himself as Sirius gripped the edge of his seat excitedly. "The Winner of the house cup is...........SLYTHERIN!" Dumbledore cheered as Slytherin house erupted into joy. James just about passed out as the rest of Gryffindor booed.

"I'm only having a laugh". Dumbledore boomed. "GRYFFINDOR TAKES THE HOUSE CUP". He restated as Slytherin seemed to go feral throwing around goblets and plates out of anger. Gryffindor bursted out in cheers and laughter at Slytherins sorry state. I felt a bit bad at the tease but I couldn't help myself.

After the commotion had calmed down the Slytherins were still sour as we all ate our feast. Ghosts and teachers dispersed around the halls talking to their favourite students, wishing them a happy end of year and summer.

As the evening grew into night students started to depart the hall, though an after curfew tour of Hogwarts was allowed to seventh years to see the school for the last time.

In the common room I sat with only the boys as Lily had gone with Mary and Molly up to the dorm for one last "Slumber party". I wasn't interested. So I stayed with the four boys by the dying light of the fire.

(Remus POV)

Her eyes were glowing in the dim light. The playful movement of the fire reflecting in her pupils. I noticed that I was staring and quickly looked away to the others that were sprawled out on the ground as well.

"This is gonna be one hell of a summer". James said joyfully as the rest of us smiled happily in agreement.

"Yeah...... and I may or may not have smuggled 10 bottles of fire whiskey from the kitchens". Sirius said proudly.

"You did not!" Y/n hit him on the shoulder happily while the rest of us clapped for his achievements.

After a few minutes I felt my eye lids growing heavier and heavier. I could see the others felt the same.

"Okay everyone. Here we are". James said standing up in front of the fire so that his silhouette cast across the empty room.

"I'd like to give my own personal speech since I wasn't a fan of Dumbledores". He said matter of factly as the rest of us laughed slightly. "This year we managed a lot. Lily now tolerates me. We successfully pulled off all of our pranks. And best of all we have a new Marauder, friend, and family member". James smiled gesturing to y/n as we all said quiet cheerful yeah's while she blushed slightly.