Quidditch And Questions

(Y/N POV)

It was Thursday morning and Lily and I were heading down to the great hall for breakfast. I was honestly a bit nervous about trying out for the Quidditch team, but I felt a bit better now that I was closer with both James and Sirius.

I sat down at the table beside Peter and Lily, while James, Sirius and Remus across from me. I felt a flush as I recalled last weekends events with him.

"So y/n, are you trying out for the Quidditch team?" Sirius asked mockingly.

"I am". I said confidently as I picked my head up.

Sirius and James both nearly choked on their pumpkin juice. "Are you really?" James smiled. I simply nodded.

"Oh bloody hell this is great!" Sirius exclaimed.

"What position?" Remus asked curiously.

"Beater". I smiled.

"Even better!" Sirius said. "We'll take em down!" He yelled as he slammed his fist onto the table shaking a few plates and goblets.

"And hopefully your good enough to replace our last beater, they graduated last year".

"I hope so". I said as I felt a little pressure on my shoulders.

The day had gotten away from me, I was up in my dorm after classes trying to mentally prepare myself for the tryout, that was in 15 minutes. I sat on my bed in silence thinking about everything that could go wrong. 'This is stupid, I'll be fine........... Oh god I'm going to die'.

I had forced myself up and off my bed as I grabbed my Cleansweep and gear, then hesitantly made my way down to the change rooms.

I opened the door to see many people I knew, James and Sirius waved me over.

"Hey, we just wanted to say good luck". James said.

"We believe in you". Sirius said patting me on the shoulder as I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks". I laughed flatly.

I then went to get changed. It was a bit uncomfortable since girls and boys changed all in one room together. Even more uncomfortable when I felt many eyes on me as I took off my shirt, mostly guys but also a few girls.

A few people asked about how I could afford such a broom which was awkward to answer each time.

I eventually grabbed my gear and made may way out to the pitch.

"Alright everyone". James spoke clearly.

"We're going to be running a few drills today and the team will be posted for Friday".

Everyone nodded approvingly.

"Okay everyone on your brooms". He finished

The tryout went really well and I only missed 2 bludgers. I was without a doubt the fastest player because of the broom, and I was able target bludgers before they targeted team mates. As I was playing I had noticed a few people in the stands, Lily and Remus cheering me on. Though having Remus there had given me some extra motivation.

I was standing on the pitch with James and Sirius while the other students left.

"You impressed me today y/n". Sirius said nodding as I scoffed.

"Right, i'm sure of it". I said flatly.

"She certainly impressed me". I heard a voice say as I looked to see none other than Remus walking across the pitch. I reddened and tried my best to hide it.

"Thanks". I said looking down.

After myself and the others had changed we headed to the great hall for supper.

I was sat across from Remus, he looked a bit uncomfortable. I had no idea why, and with every question he looked more agitated and annoyed.

"I- I have to go". He as he looked around blankly then abruptly got up with out another word and walked out of the hall.

"What the he-"Were VERY sure he's fine but uh we have to go check on him". James said as him and the other marauders left without another word.

Lily and I looked to each other in confusion and decided to just go up to the dorm.

We entered the common room and the marauders weren't there. Which was very peculiar for them. I doubted they would be in their dorm since it was only 8:30 but I decided to leave it alone even though I was curious, because I had remembered something like this happening with them in previous years.

They'd all disappear consistently throughout their time at Hogwarts, but I thought it was maybe just their thing, and now i'm not so sure.

I was a bit stressed about Remus and Quidditch, so I decided to clear my head by taking a walk around the grounds. It was late and past curfew but I didn't care. I knew my way out.

I let myself transform into my animagus form. I was a rabbit of the brightest white, and the darkest eyes. I made the decision to become an animagus after my parents began to fight and I was always looking for a way out.

I snuck through the common room and kicked the portrait open. I hopped down the stairs as I listened to the light snores and occasional chatter of portraits lining the walls.

Once I was hit with the cool nights air I transformed back into my human form and began to walk the grounds listening to the singing of crickets and the soft who's of owls.

I had made my way down towards the forest where I stopped abruptly. In the distance I saw a Stag, a very scruffy looking Dog, and a small Rat playing together?

'I guess that's just Hogwarts'.

They eventually ran across the path and into the dark moonlit woods. I shook my head in disbelief as I continued on.

I walked back up to the castle as I watched the moon and the stars dance together in the sky. I stopped once to take it in but decided to continue after hearing a ghostly and unnerving howl.

I snuck back into the dorm stealthily, after I had nearly been caught by Mcgonagall while she was patrolling the halls.

I laid awake in my bed staring at the ceiling while moonlight peeked through the curtains, worried about what had happened to Remus and what might of happened to the rest of them. I wanted an explanation, and I was gonna get one.

A/N A bit of a shorter chapter than usual but it would of been to long to merge with another :)