Wolf In The Wilderness

(Y/N POV)

Euphemia and Fleamont had left for the town in the early afternoon. Leaving just the boys and I in the Potters cottage.

The full moon was tonight, giving us the perfect opportunity to scout out the woods for Remus' transformation. He had been in bed all day.

I looked out the kitchen window, The boys were messing around in the large pond out back. under the sun the water sparkled in bright light. Sirius and James were practicing drowning Peter. I smiled. A broom was sweeping on its own behind me. With all the chores being magically done I decided I could join in.

I crept upstairs. I opened the door to our shared room. The curtains were drawn casting a dark shadow. Remus was curled into a ball on the pull out couch. I quietly passed careful not to breathe and disturb him. The only time he was ever at peace on the day of the full moon was when he was sleeping. But even then who knows what his dreams held.

I grabbed my swim suit from my trunk. A cherry red triangle top and matching bottoms. I snuck out of the room and into the bathroom to change.

Opening the door outside the boys turned their attention to me. Peter was finally released, smacking James across the back of his head.

"Ouch!" James yelped.

"Be mature in front of the pretty girl". Sirius teased as the twos boys looked away.

"Watch it Padfoot". A voice spoke from close behind me.

I whipped around. Remus stood very close, Shirtless, messy hair, Swim trunks. I breathed sharply turning my head back around. He walked out from behind me, I just caught a blush on his face. Underneath his sudden confidence was still Remus.

"I was talking about myself?" Sirius put a hand on his chest.

I laughed walking towards the pond. I dipped my toe into the water, the cold was almost shocking. My foot pulled back to touch the bank once more. There was little time to react when I felt myself being hurdled forward towards the water . James and I screamed at the same time as I smacked into him. His scream was silenced as we submerged into the icy pond.

I rose up quickly, shivering and angry. Remus stood at the edge dying of hysterical laughter. James soon regained his footing.

"What the actual fuck". He shook out his wet curls. "I don't mind having hot girls thrown at me but a warning would of been nice-"

I Grabbed his head and shoved him back underwater. Remus then walked into the pond with no guilt on his face.

My eyes glared daggers at the boy before me. Remus was usually so sweet. It almost hurt to be honest, he was always so gentle with me. Maybe the full moon had something to do with it. I understood that I hadn't been the greatest to him recently. It feels stupid to be upset about this.

I shook off my frustration, Remus dunked his head into the water. He rose up, glittering water dripping off his skin. It was like watching a greek god. Fuck him.

I was now to frustrated and annoyed to enjoy the cool water. I wrang out my hair before climbing back up onto the bank.

"Where are you going?" James called. I didn't answer I just kept walking.

(Remus POV)

"Great job Moony. That's really the way to get a girl back! Toss her in the pond! Are you kidding me?" Sirius shook his head.

"Shut up". I grumbled.

"We're just trying to help". Peter Interjected.

A sharp pain gnawed at my forehead. I shielded my eyes looking up to the sun. It grew nearer and nearer to the tree line. James had said the forest was deserted, but I still couldn't imagine what this full moon would consist of.

I leaped out of the pond the other boys followed.

"Your no fun". James complained as we headed inside.

(Y/N POV)

Remus was already folding over in pain by the time we had made it to the tree line at the back of the Potters residence.

Part of me felt glad after the events of this afternoon. I hated myself for it.

we crept into the woods, deeper and deeper. The trees here were dense and tall. I almost felt like I was home again, back at Hogwarts. As we dredged through the wood I remembered...

(Flashback)

"Y/n! Y/n are you okay!" A voice shouted.

I sat up rubbing the back of my head. A sharp pain followed. I was in the dark and found myself covered in dust. The room was dark and the hardwood floors felt cold and hard.

I coughed watching the dust brush around the room. "I'm fine Remus. I guess".

I stood finally taking in all of my surroundings. A shabby room made of wood, long abandoned, in the middle of the woods.

I heard what must of been Remus sliding down the shaft I had been through. He hit the floor with a thud.

"Where the hell are we?" He quickly stood.

"No idea".

(End Of Flashback)

That was the day we found the now "Shrieking Shack". Remus now was in full Transformation, And the boys and I were in our animagus forms.

Remus thrashed and screamed but the silence of the woods consumed him, consumed all of us.

I had asked James earlier what his parents would think when we weren't home after dark. He had told them we were going stargazing. I almost laughed. His parents had always been so trusting of Him.

But now we watched, as our friend became the wolf. The night ahead was dreaded, but it had begun.....