Pain And Pride

(Remus POV)

We had left the castle at dusk, the suns crest just above the trees, and the spring flowers yearning for its light.

Y/n grabbed my hand and our fingers intertwined, we watched as James, Sirius and Peter walked a few paces ahead of us. I started to think to myself.

"I don't know little things about you". I said to y/n with a smile.

"What do you mean?" She laughed at me.

"What's your favourite colour?" I smirked.

"Rem I think this transformation is getting to your head". She joked, elbowing me in the side.

"What's wrong with your boyfriend wanting to know your favourite colour?" I asked looking towards her.

She answered with a smile, "Well I usually tell people red, but that's a lie". She shrugged.

I became curious, "Why lie?"

She pondered. "I'm not completely sure, I guess I like knowing one thing about myself that no one else does, it's a meaningless nothing". She replied with a small laugh at herself, looking off towards the trees.

I was quiet for a moment before speaking, taking a second to acknowledge her reasoning. "So what is your Favourite colour". I asked searching her expression.

She turned to face me again, "Red".

By the time we had made it to the path of the whomping willow it was like every nerve in my body was on fire, and with each snap of bone I felt myself losing my grip of reality. But I couldn't just yet, not until we were all in the shrieking shack. I couldn't let myself hurt anyone.

The others had all turned into their animagus forms as Peter scurried up to the base of the tree to freeze its branches.

Blurs of a stag, dog, rabbit and rat were all jumping around me as we climbed through the passage. As soon as we reached the shack I fell to the floor no longer able to hold myself up through the pain.

Dark eyes stared solemnly at me, white fur like snow. The only thing I could focus on, and for a moment. Just a moment. The pain stopped. Then it was dark.

(Y/N POV)

I could see the suffering in his beautiful hazel eyes. Then that last spark of Remus was gone, and the animal within took over. What hurt me most was that we all thought it could be over.

He was fully transformed in seconds and the rest of us all tried to distract him. Though this moon he seemed more dangerous and aggressive than usual around us.

(Sirius POV)

This was the worst any of us had ever seen him, James and I had given each other knowing looks. He was swiping his claws at us the moment any of us stepped too close. He was raming himself into walls trying to escape through the passage way as prongs blocked it with his large antlers, Remus was howling and growling ruthlessly.

I watched as Remus then corned y/n a slight bit of panic ran threw us, until I grabbed her by the scruff a moment before she would of been cut by his razor sharp claws. I hoped my teeth didn't hurt her.

There was something that all of us knew but never said, even y/n. It was our biggest fear that if something were ever to happen to y/n at the hands of Remus it would destroy him. We had all been hurt before during transformations but we knew it would be different with y/n.

(Y/N POV)

After a close call we continued trying our best to distract him, he had taken a good swipe at himself and sliced directly down his chest, blood dripped down from the open gash.