𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

Mayu

After one and a half years

The best part of dedicating the rest of my life to my Shiva and this beautiful village is that I have learned to let go of greed and relish what I have with me.

We both have never been to the city in these past years, and luckily, I did not had to have a c-section to deliver my baby boy to the world. Thus our life is pretty much only within this village.

And not a bit did I regret it. I mean, who doesn't love to thrive in heaven?

Currently, I'm cooking breakfast in our tiny kitchen while my Shiva is looking after our baby, Aathi.

He is more of a daddy's son than a momma's boy. I felt really happy by the love Aathi showers on his dad.

Because my Shiva has gained a family now. There are two souls who are connected to him. He is not an orphan anymore!

Done with the preparation of breakfast, I sauntered out of the home to call for my husband and baby. Outside, my Shiva was bathing Aathi and adoring him. The scene thwarted my heart.

Taking in the soul-melting scenario, I trudged to my baby

Taking in the soul-melting scenario, I trudged to my baby. Noticing me, his face became brighter. "Amma.." he clapped his hands cutely as Shiva continued to pour water on his head.

"Ennada chellam..."(What, sweetheart?) I pinched his cheeks and kneeled beside Shiva. "Muah..." He blew me an adorable flying kiss while I went aw... before performing the same.

"Appa.. muaahh.." Of course, he can't disappoint his dad now, could he?
Shiva just smiled at him.

With little cute chattings, the bathing session came to an end and we commenced to have breakfast, spread out in the veranda.

From the day Aathi had started to walk, was the day we began to run behind him. He wouldn't sit in a place for more than two minutes.

And even now, Shiva is stalking our Aathi with food plate clenched around his hands.

"Aathi, stop!" Not heeding to his dad's call, Aathi rushed behind the scared ducks, embarking on to catch one of them, which is not possible unless those ducks willingly surrender to him.

"Waahhh" He hunched on the ground as the duck entered the fields. "Thuckky pochu (Duck has gone)" he sobbed, urging Shiva to pick the little guy from the soil.

"It will come back" he consoled our aggrieved baby and strived to get him back to the veranda. Aathi's small fingers are banded around Shiva's pinky finger as they both sauntered towards me.

"Duck poita chellam?" (Has the duck gone?) I teasingly asked our baby who just threw me a pouted look and snuggled into his father's lap.

"Summa iru Mayu," (Don't say that Mayu) like an obedient girl, I pursed my lips. The next couple of minutes were expended with Shiva patting our baby's head and feeding him.

And again, they both began to play around the veranda while I took care of the consequent business of our breakfast.

As I was washing the dishes, Shiva appeared behind me and kissed my cheeks. "Where is Aathi?" I questioned, having an assumption that he might have fallen asleep.

"Dozed off" Shiva replied, entering his hands inside my t-shirt and caressing my stomach. His touch still sends me to a world full of unicorns and rainbows.

"In a romantic mood, already?" I mocked him and felt him squeeze my little tummy. "Hmm" was the response I earned before stubbles stroked the side of my neck.

The scrubber in my hand plunges off as Shiva's hands began elevating and grazing my bosoms. I bit my inner lips, muffling the moans.

With his hands secured there, he then initiated to speak. "Don't you think our son needs a sibling?" I see where this is going!

"You are right, he definitely needs one" and we were naked.

Shiva squeezed me onto the wall and thrusted himself at a maddening pace. As you all know we just have only one room in the home, which is presently occupied by my baby, we planned to devour ourselves in the Kitchen, far from the food supplements.

Once our baby-production process has completed, we bathed together, and then I started cooking the lunch.

Shiva has an immense liking for rasam and rice combination. Hence our meal mostly involves the said one.

While I was about to finish cooking, a small sleepy baby tugged my hand, gaining my entire attention. "You woke up!" I held him onto my hips and smiled.

"Appa..?" Huh! Always thinking about his father. "Your appa is working in the fields! Shall we join him?" He nodded his head.

And then we were off the fields. I did not let him down though. Because snakes are quite plenty here.

"Appa!" Aathi yelled to his father who had mud painted on his face. I always would reminisce about how disgusted I felt the first time I saw him in this state. But good Lord! How the tables have turned...!

I have even come to marry and have a baby with the same guy.

Shiva waved his hands, piquing Aathi to giggle in my grip. After watching my husband and roaming around the field, eventually, the time for lunch came by.

Past lunch, Aathi again took a nap. With him sleeping on my shoulder, Shiva and I plotted toward our grandma's house.

I still hadn't talked to my grandfather and I'm not planning to in the future, either. But they love my baby a lot, plus her health is not on its best terms...so I used to take my baby to her.

And usually, after a couple of hours, grandpa would return him to us.

Lending my sleepy baby to grandma and checking on her, I exited the home. Shive doesn't like entering here, which I'm not against. He has all valid reasons to do that.

On our way back, we simply stand around the elegant places and chat.

"Let's go for a ride?" He questioned, staring ahead at the coracle, bowl-shaped boat. "Sure.." I smiled up at him.

Life felt like a dream at the moment

Life felt like a dream at the moment. I have no worries about anything.

And looking at my husband's face, all I could state is,

This is the best decision I have ever made in my life.

Falling in love with this man♥️

____________________