𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬

After one year

Mayu

I cozily sat writing my final semester exams and hearkened to the scattering of drizzle out of the class. It brought the memories of my Shiva...

And suddenly I could not tolerate the pain in my chest. I wanted to see him. I know I would, very soon, yet I can't soothe the ache in my soul.

So...

After my parents had dropped by in the village to see Shiva, they liked him. Solely for the reason that I was happy with him. Further, dad had asked him to shift to the city and confided him that he would look after all the expenses, however, Shiva did not approve of it. Even I felt displeased. But I know that my father meant no harm, he just preferred my life to be all luxurious.

Still, he should have thought about his words cause none would love to live under their father-in-law's comfort, and my Shiva is no distinct. Besides that, I was not a bit ready to reside in the corporate world anymore...I wanted to spend my life in the village, those serene sights of lush green spread throughout that zone were enough to cure whatever a person's heart is weighed down by.

Those clean and fresh air would be all it takes for a human to breathe out in relief. I don't know why humans evolved from living under the shelter of nature to destroying it for their sake of extravagance. It just doesn't make any sense to me now that I had had a sweet taste of the village.

Anyways, when my dad did not receive the expected response from Shiva, he was really surprised. Yet did not attempt to compromise him again because I too had voiced my disapproval.

Then he had asked us whether he could at least conduct our marriage in the city but I had to deny it! That would be extremely uncomfortable for my Shiva. Those loaded business friends of my dad would put down him, would talk ill of him. Even though I could stand against it and shut them up, I did not even want to make my Shiva undergo such horrible scenarios.

Plus, the marriage expenses would be also taken care of by my dad and this would surely dishearten my Shiva. I could not let that happen. He does not deserve anything other than love, hence, I wouldn't permit any harm to graze him.

This is how, we ended up getting married the next month itself, (I was adamant about marrying Shiva and my parents never said no to my wish) in the temple there. The same shrine where I had hurt my Shiva and where we also had mended our love.

My parents were cheery, because their daughter was joyous, it did not matter to them that I got wedded in a temple without throwing a leisure party and inviting their business friends, all that stimulated them to soothe was the genuine bright smile on my countenance when Shiva had tied that elegant yellow stringed, thaali (nupital chain) in my neck.

It all happened so fast that I did not even inform many of my friends. Only my few close friends were present in the temple.

After our marriage, I was escorted to my grandparent's home. Yes! The exact place where the old man who beat up my Shiva was staying in. Though he has apologized to me and Shiva, I could not forgive him as my husband did.

Only a heart-froze person could have done something like that. He did not even feel a bit of remorse for his deed! He just apologized because I wasn't speaking to him normally.  Thus, I would never free him for his outrageous act...well until he honestly felt disgusted with himself for doing that.

Ah...then again, originally every bride would be experiencing bliss on the night of their marriage. However, I was made to sleep irritatingly in my grandparent's home. Turns out that my parents did not want me to stay with Shiva until I finish my studies. My dad has also discussed it with Shiva.

Well, that's an acceptable reason...anyhow!! That is too much for my poor heart to handle.

Nonetheless, my Shiva was sustaining it so well. I mean, isn't it common that guys would be really excited about such things? Yet my husband behaves as If he did not even know about the sex. I was fearful If he was unaware of the reproduction but seeing many animals having open mating in public, I was sure he must've known about it...

Then why was he holding back? Of course, cause he is a man of his word, conceivably which was given to my dad.

Let me describe our after-marriage occurrences! From morning to evening six, we spent our time together in our home, Shiva's cute habitat. At sharp six, my grandma comes to pluck me out of my safe place. That was an order from my parents.

So in the morning, I and Shiva converse, do field work and watch television sometimes, and we do cook together and laugh at our silly jokes but never once did we get intimate! He wasn't even trying anything...no, it wasn't a turn-off for me. Apparently, it was tempting me more in need of his touch.

I very well know that my husband is an extremely docile guy and would always be true to his words. Yet, how can a person have such self-control in front of his wife who is desperate for his touch?

Around the last weekend, before I would have to go back to the city for completing my 3rd year, I confronted my precious husband about why he was being so non-touchy. Though I know it's the cause of the words of my parents...I wanted something at least a little, like a kiss on the lips...

While we were on that topic, Shiva did not hesitate to speak his true thoughts. He said he expects me to complete my studies and he believes that If we get involved in this biological stuff, I will be distracted.

Very well!

With that, every one of my weekends for the last year went with us both just having heart-to-heart conversations.

In a few instances, we were very close to kissing, but the great man of restraints resists himself and stops us.

It was okay though. After a couple of months, we were so used to being comfortable around each other that we saw past intimacy and ameliorated more emotionally.

We knew everything about each other. Every tiny action and facial expression is sufficient enough for us to guess the other one's mind and unsaid words.

But the feeling of having each other physically never demolished or failed to peek in every so often.

It was surreal.

It was splendid!

I was and am happy...

And I'm very intrigued to meet my Shiva after this exam. After this moment, I would be spending the rest of my life in the village with my husband...

With my Shiva...

Aishh!!!

...................

How was it guys?❤️