𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Mayu

Everything went down!

My grandparents were not allowing me to go outside as they had heed to rumors of me being close to Shiva.

"Paati this is too much! Let me go out" She was stubborn. "Thatha," he was silent too.

I desperately want to see Shiva!

"What is wrong with you people? Yes, I admit that I love him, so what!? It's my choice to love whoever I want to" I shouted at them.

"We can't stand still and see our granddaughter destroying her own life by taking stupid decisions" paati stated sternly.

"How so? Shiva is a good guy.." I told her, in a delicate voice.

"And he is poor, a farmer, uneducated, and most importantly an orphan!!" she pointed out arrogantly.

"Does it look like I care?" I deadpanned.

"Of course, you won't! But we do Mayu ma" she amused sarcastically.

Our argument went about meaningless and finally, she locked me up in my room. She also said that she would inform this to my parents!

Well good for her. My dad and mom would support my decision. They had never said no to anything I wished for.

Now all I want is Shiva! I'm sure they would understand me and let me love and live with him.

Within minutes, I got a phone call from my dad. I attended it hurriedly and put it to my ear.

"Mayu, was that true ?" Dad asked dubiously. My grandma was extremely fast in the transaction of news.

"Yes dad" I replied confidently. He was like a best friend to me, I am precise he will understand my heart.

"So what next?" He asked me, casually. Well...was he okay with my relationship with Shiva?

"Dad, you are positive about this right?" He was quiet for a few moments.

"Do whatever you want Mayu but I will make sure you are happy in every circumstance" I bit my lip to control the wide grin as well as the pressuring tears.

Is this what they call mixed emotions?

"Dad...love you really really so much!! plus, please tell thatha and paati to let me out of the room" He chuckled at my affection and replied 'okay' for my latter plea.

"Wait, your mom wants to speak with you" he quickly spoke and suddenly my mom's voice boomed through the speaker.

"Mayu!! You should be back here by tomorrow-" I disconnected the call. I know what the rest of the words would be.

This always happens. Dad supports me, but mom resists my wishes. But at last, dad will somehow convince mom, hence I would always receive what I had asked for.

With a big smile on my face, I knocked on my closed room door and yelled loudly enough for my grandparents on the other side could hear.

"Your son is fine with my decision thatha and paati. Now I very rudely request you to open up me from this prison for a room!"

A grumpy grandma unlocked the door. "I thought your parents didn't raise you well, but turns out I hadn't raised my son well either" I smirked at her face while she just sighed, done with me.

"Where's thatha?" I puzzled. I want to see his reaction to his son accepting Shiva.

"After your father had contacted, your thatha just left the home, and even when I asked him about his destination, he didn't respond to me.."

Oh...

Anyways!

I'm going to meet my Shiva now.

The twilight spilled orange shade to the atmosphere, as I cheerily made my way to Shiva's home.

Yet all my little bit of happiness melted down into nothingness when I saw my Shiva being beaten up by many men, and the one who was leading them is my thatha...

"What the hell are you doing? stop!" I tried to break in through the men and get close to my Shiva but I couldn't.

He was bleeding...

My heart shattered looking at his crumbled self. "Thatha tell them to stop!!" I dashed to him and tugged his hands, sobbing.

"No, he deserves that for wanting things that are out of his status" he stated bitterly. I didn't know my thatha was this cruel...

"Thatha...I was the one who chased after him. I loved him first! I want him thatha. I love him! Please tell them to stop...I can't bare this"

I heaved his hands again but he was firm in his decision.

"Thatha..." I cried and fell to his feet. Shiva will die at the rate the beatings are falling on him. "I beg you please...let him go" thatha was still unmoving.

"I swear thatha...If something happens to him, you wouldn't have me alive" this time, he looked down into my burning eyes with outraged tears. I would never forgive this old man for this deed.

"Stop" he commanded to the men. "I was doing this to save your life Mayu ma! Do you think this illiterate loves you? No dear. He just wants your money"

I shook my head at him.

"You just assume that because you don't know anything about Shiva." I turned my head, the tears slopping down my eyes at the sight of Shiva's bloodied body lying half consciously on the ground.

"May-- my dad's father began. "Enough" I cut him off harshly, looking into his eyes with rage that I never had held before. "You lost the respect I had for you" his face faltered at my words.

"Mayu you don't under--" he again started to talk.

"Leave!!"

I shouted at him, enraged out of my mind.

Without another word, he vacated with his underlings while I rushed to Shiva and scooped his head softly, placing it on my lap.

"Shiva..." I stammered between my wails. He looked at me with his tired eyelids those are struggling to stay open. "I heard your words...I--I never felt this much loved Mayu..." His utterances broke me further.

I could not even visualize what would have happened to him If I didn't come here at the right time. The old man would have killed him...

My Shiva does not even have anyone to care for him except me.

I felt more saddened at that notion. I could never comprehend Shiva's pain. Growing up, I had all the love, care, and luxury...but his life was just opposite to mine.

My heart squeezed itself painfully as I assembled those thoughts...

I could not stop my tears now.

Shiva's hand quirked up and rubbed away my tears. "Don't cry Mayu...I'm good. Just that my shoulder is aching a bit" I don't know why I did it, but the next moment I found myself kissing him on his lips.

I never liked the idea of being intimate before marriage. But I just couldn't handle myself now...

I love him.

The kiss was slow as we poured in our feelings, stirring them deep onto each other's hearts and minds.

As I pulled away from the small kiss, my eyes met his, and I found my happiness swirling in there...

His eyes, my paradise.

.....................

How was it guys?❤️