Chapter Twelve: Query,Sensation&Frustration

Start from the beginning

Silence fills the room after my statement, but it doesn't sit long. Suddenly, she giggles. Her high pitched giggles fills the room beautifully. In turn, my corner smile widens.

"You remember... Wow..." She sighs heavily, recovering from her episode.

I chuckle at her bewilderment.

"Of course babygirl. Those are the names we came up with... And Noah for a boy... I've kept those names in my brain since that night" I express, gently brushing my fingers along her torso. "I would never forget something so special..." I add, lost in the thought of a child growing there.

"Yes" She smiles am unsure smile.

Detouring from my fantasy, I furrow my eyebrows in honest confusion.

"Yes what?"

She sucks in her lips before slowly placing my fingertips on the hem of her floral blouse.

"I want a baby..." She whispers, ever so slowly lifting the blouse above her head.

All the while I balance her on my lap, I swallow harshly and glance over her mocha skin. Oh dear lord the beauty of this woman. It's beyond physicality. Beyond psychological bondage. It's her heart, soul, and her spirit. All so beautiful. All mine.

"Jess... You don't have to-"

Her rose petals, silence the guilt that wanted to spill from my lips. Her nibble fingers, gently pull my collar as we seemingly fall into each other. I have no time to change her mind before she's already tugging at my belt as I hover over her. A part of me feels guilty, guilty as hell.

I can't do this to her.

"Babygirl... I can't. I can't pressure you like this..." I sigh, carefully rolling over onto my side.

She leans up onto her elbows, glancing at me in perplexingly. I can't say I blame her either. One minute I'm seducing her. Next minute I'm asking for a child. I'd be confused as well.

"What do you want then? You said you want a baby, I want to give you that! Dammit Michael! You can't do this to me! You can't!" She suddenly cries, bringing her knees to her chest as she curls over in tears.

I watch silently, surely dumbfounded by her sudden mood swing. I didn't mean to churn any old wounds, nor badger any old emotions. I don't know what I want anymore.

"Babygirl... I-I..." I pause, too pained to finish as she cries in frustration.

Once again, I'm caught between the crossfire of silence and guilt. I don't know how to get out, but I have to find out. I need to get out.

"I'm sorry... I want a baby, yes. But if you aren't ready, I don't want to guilt you into being ready. I don't mind waiting, especially if that's what you need" I finally sigh, scooting closer to her.

Slowly, her head lifts. Her eyes reddened with many emotions. Her voice weak as she tries to speak.

"I do... I want a child. God I do Michael..." She begins, glancing up at our mirror.

"But..." I push her to finish.

"But I'm scared. I wanted to have a full on dance career by now... I wanted to be married by now... I wanted a lot of things... But it hasn't happened. Besides, how are we going to keep our child a secret? People are-"

"And I don't give a damn Jesse. I don't give a damn if the whole world threw eggs at us and laughed. I don't care if half of the world was burning. All I care about is making you happy. Babygirl if you want to get married, it's done. If you want a dance studio, it's just a few halls down. If you want a new manager, babygirl I have connections. If you really, I mean really want to create a baby, then I'm ready. Anything babygirl... Anything, I'm here and I'll provide" I confess and stress, titling her chin towards me.