I've loved you for a thousand years

Pairing: Miss CuckooXMiss Peregrine
Word count: 2321 words
Warnings: no warnings

Edit: vieweli_art on Instagram actually drew Fanart for this story which I added up there!🥹 Go check out their Instagram as well!!!
----

"200-what?!"

"About 210 years, deux cent dix ans", laughed Miss Cuckoo.

Enoch looked at her in disbelief. "There's no way. I knew the bird was old but not that old. And how old are you even??"

"Enoch, rude! You can't ask a woman how old she is", Bronwyn exclaimed from the couch.

He rolled his eyes dramatically. "Whyy excuuuse moi", he said in a mocking tone and the best (worst) French accent he could do.

Isabel was just about to make a remark when Alma appeared in the door frame of the living room.

"And what is this here about? One might think that you guys are up to something.It is far past bedtime for all of you."

Miss Cuckoo shifted in her seat ever so slightly that one might not have noticed it but Emma whose gaze was jumping from one Ymbryne to the other did indeed notice it.

She bit back a comment and turned her head to Miss Peregrine instead.

"Miss Cuckoo was just telling us that you two have known each other for 210 years already", she explained ,"deux..dix...what was it again?"

A little smile formed on Miss Peregrine's lips while she replied,"Deux cent dix, even though I have to say that it's not quite correct."

Her gaze wandered to the older woman sitting in her rocking chair.

"We've known each other for 209 years, 364 days, 22 hours 1 minute and 30 seconds....if we would have met at midnight, that is but I'll let that count."

"Oh yes, you could show off your knowledge all day," sighed Miss Cuckoo while dramatically falling back into the chair.

Then she turned to the kids and said," but she's right it's bedtime for all of you!"

The kids groaned but eventually made their way upstairs to get ready for bed.

After tugging them all into their beds and saying goodnight to everyone, the two Ymbrynes had settled down into the living room again with a cup of tea and a book each.

Isabel for her part couldn't help but get distracted by the small woman sitting on the other side of the sofa.

Why couldn't she have fallen for someone else instead? Why did it have to be her dearest friend?

But then again how could she have not fallen for her?

From academy times on Alma had always been by her side, going through the most difficult times with her and never being anything but supportive.

The admiration for her had started from this wonderful friendship and before she could have even tried to stop it, she had already fallen head over heels for her.

But Isabel had kept her secret, way too scared that she'd ruin the friendship between them that was so important to her.

And she'd gladly pay the price of keeping her little secret until the end of times if it only meant that she got to keep Alma near, to maintain their friendship and to see her happy.

Oh how she loved to see these emerald eyes shine with joy and the purest love when she watched their kids play in the garden. Or that smile that could lighten up every darkness Isabel ever had to fight. She was sure that she'd trade the entire world just to see Alma happy, just to see that pretty smile of hers again.