Somebody to you

Based on the Tumblr ask:
What if the love interest asks Miss P if she loves/has loved someone and Miss P vaguely describes them, but the love interest just doesn’t get it?

Notes:
I know from other Fanfictions that Y/N is mostly brave and confident buuut since I’m projecting a bit, Y/N is more shy and clumsy here ;)

Important note for later so that no one misunderstands it: according to Ransom Riggs there are Ymbrynes that find out that they are Ymbrynes when they are already adults! Means they are adults but still Ymbrynes-in-training

Pairing: Miss PeregrineXReader
Word count: 1770 words
Warnings: none
----

“Isn’t it cold out here?”

You blinked slightly confused.

The voice had ripped you out of your dream world.

You tilted your head upwards to meet a warm pair of emerald green eyes in which you could get lost in.

It took you a moment to realize that Alma was waiting for an answer so you raised the book in your hand a little.

“I was reading and it seems like I forgot the time.”

Alma’s gaze dropped to the book in your hand, a slight smile playing on her lips and you couldn’t help the blush that crept up your neck when her eyes met yours again.

Some seconds later it finally hit you.

That’s not what she had asked you.

“And yes, I didn’t notice that it got cold…..and dark,” you added, scratching the back of your head.

It was true. You really hadn’t noticed it until she had pointed it out.

To be honest, you hadn’t read one word in your book for the past 20 minutes because your mind had been too involved in its own little story but of course, you couldn’t tell Alma that.

She hummed and sat down next to you.

“What are you reading?”

Your gaze dropped to the book in your lap.

“Oh, nothing too interesting. I uhm, borrowed this from your library,” you answered with a sheepish smile and turned the book in your hands so she could see the cover.

Alma nodded slowly and smiled.

“What a pity, I did think that it was interesting,” she replied.

You could feel your cheeks heating up as you began to stammer:

“That’s not what I meant, I mean-, of course, it’s interesting-, I just thought uhm-”

A quiet laugh interrupted you and when you turned your head to look at Alma, you saw the amusement in her eyes.

Great, you had embarrassed yourself again.

Why couldn’t you just act normal around her?

But then again it was all worth it if it meant to see her so happy and carefree.

You’d gladly make a fool out of yourself only to see her eyes light up again or her cheeks turning pink from trying to hold back her laughter.

You slowly tore your gaze away when you noticed that you were staring even though Alma didn’t seem to have noticed it.