Somebody to you 2

You guys wanted a second part so here you have it. Yeah uhm, happy new year!
And no, I won't pay for your therapy sessions after reading this :')
----
Pairing: Miss PeregrineXReader
Word count: 2463 words
Warnings: none
----

You woke up early today and somehow couldn't fall back to sleep. No matter how often you tried, you wouldn't succeed. You turned your head to the side to look at your calendar and your clock.

December 24, 05:36 am. The morning of Christmas Eve.

It was your first Christmas with your new family and even though it was technically still September the 3rd, you were excited and also nervous about the upcoming events.

After some more turning around in bed you decided to finally stand up and get ready. You were certain that Alma was already up and preparing breakfast so maybe you could steal some time with her alone.

The smell of pancakes already hit your nose, as you went down the stairs. You tried to be as quiet as possible but Alma had already turned to face you when you appeared in the doorframe.

"Good morning. Up so early?" She smiled at your tired face.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep anymore," you said and shrugged slightly.

Alma only hummed and turned her attention back to the pan on the stove, so you decided to set the table. You grabbed some plates out of the kitchen cupboard and went to the dining room. To your surprise, the room was already glowing in red and green decoration and you immediately felt the Christmas spirit.

The day went on smoothly. First breakfast, then baking cookies and decorating the tree and before you realized it, it was already time for dinner. The day flew by so fast and there hadn't been a single minute where you didn't laugh and enjoy the time together.

Claire had dragged you into her room at one point because she wanted help finishing her present for Miss Peregrine. The kids and you decided to make a small cardboard version of the loop, with the beach, house, and garden included.

You couldn't really recall whose idea it was in the first place but it also didn't really matter. That's how you had ended up sitting with Claire on the wooden floor, gluing little trees and flowers together and painting white snow on the tops for most of the day. Some of the other kids had joined you after a while, also needing to finish some of their parts and occasionally asking you for help when it came to painting it.

One and a half hours before dinner you decided to leave the kids with their things to get cleaned up and make your way downstairs. Taking a look in the kitchen, you found it empty.

"You are late," a voice whispered while two arms were wrapping around your middle.

You immediately froze and your cheeks began to heat up.

"I- I am? I didn't know that I was supposed to be downstairs...uhm when exactly?" you stuttered, confusion written all over your face.

It was incredibly hard not to let yourself fall and drown in the moment. Her perfume surrounded you in a cloud of warmth and safety that all you wanted to do was lean back to stay in her arms forever.

A soft chuckle filled your ear and you could feel her removing her arms from your hips.

"You are just adorable."

You could feel your face heat up again as you slowly turned around.

Alma smiled at you for some seconds before clearing her throat and continuing:

"I suppose that you came down to help with dinner?"

Scratching the back of your head, you nodded slowly.