You put your arms around me and I'm home

Pairing: Miss CuckooXMiss Peregrine
Word count: 497 words
Warnings: no warnings
----

A soft rustling sound broke the silence, barely audible. Then silence fell over the room for some minutes until the sound came again.

Slowly Isabel cracked an eye open to meet a dim light and the same sound again. She tilted her head to the side to see the source of the noises.

Alma was sitting beside her, with her back against the headboard and a book in her hands.

She looked adorable, really how she sat there with her brows furrowed in concentration and her hair falling down her shoulders.

Isabel shifted to the side to carefully lay her head in Alma's lap, which brought her the attention that she wanted.

"I'm sorry, I tried to be as quiet as possible," Alma whispered.

Isabel smiled lightly and shook her head. "It's okay. I couldn't sleep anyways."

She mustered the ravenette's features and even from the slightly weird angle that she was looking up from, she could only admire her.

Slowly she raised her hand to touch Alma's jawline which earned her a light smile from the younger woman.

Alma softly took the hand from her face and laced their fingers together.

"Izzy, stop staring at me to distract me!"

"Oh, I'm not staring at you to distract you," Isabel chuckled. "I'm simply admiring your beauty."

"Shush you," Alma responded but even with her nose stuck in her book she couldn't hide the blush creeping up her cheeks.

The silver haired Ymbryne could only laugh while taking their entwined hands to place a kiss on Alma's hand.

She then took the book from her hands and placed it on their nightstand, careful to keep the right pages open.

Alma raised an eyebrow questioning at her but before she could say or ask anything Isabel leaned upward to cup her head into her hands and connect their lips in a soft kiss.

"I don't think I will ever get used to this," Isabel whispered.

A smile decorated Alma's features. It reminded Isabel of a beautiful sunrise on a warm spring morning, gentle and pure.

Alma combed through Isabel's silver hair and eventually placed a kiss on her cheek which made her eyes flutter shut again.

The peregrine's green eyes mustered Isabel's relaxed features while her thoughts started to drift away.

It was strange how much love she could feel after all the pain and misery she had witnessed. Her heart, that had been shattered into millions and billions of pieces so many times before.

And yet this small woman has always been by her side, collecting those small pieces and carefully putting them back into place, healing that fragile heart over and over again with such patience and gentleness.

"I love you so much," she whispered softly. A wide smile appeared on Isabel's face as she buried herself deeper in Alma's lap, grabbing her warm and soft hand again to lace their fingers back together.

" I love you too, Alma."