Chapter 20- The End.

Chapter 20 - The End.

Hey! I know I haven't updated in ages but I have legit excuses...er...reasons. Firstly my summer vacations are going on and we went out of town. Secondly this is the last chapter so it's taking longer to write since its bigger than the others and lastly I'm also busy writing another science fiction kinda story which I assure you will be better than this and not so boring. All I want to say is thanks for your support people! I appreciate it! Two people I have to mention who helped me throughout this story are my best friends urstrulysandy and royalcupcake26! They are amazing writers and you need to check out their stories!!! Lastly don't forget to comment, vote and what else do you do? Meh...THANKS! And I hope you like it!! -----------------------------------------------------------------

We sat in Isac's living room, our breaths held. We were going to Cracken' s Island. This was it. This was the final step. The ride back home was silent, everyone dwelling on their own thoughts. I sighed and rubbed my head. Only four people in this world were allowed to access Cracken's Island and knew it well enough to conduct maybe the craziest experiment in history on it. Though two of them had hardly ever been there they still had the authority. And all I can say was that out of the four, it was pretty easy to find the culprit. One of these four was me. Another-my dead father. And the remaining two, the ones I mentioned who had barely spent time there were my dead mother and Belatrice. Since it wasn't me or my dead parents it left us with only one option- Belatrice. Now I always had a doubt on her. She was a crazy, short-tempered woman who would do anything for power. I wasn't exactly surprised by the news that it was her and I just wished that the rest of the crew understood because if they didn't I would be caught in quite an embarrassing situation. Telling them that it was my step-mom picking up innocent hobos of the roads and performing tests on them? Not a very pleasant thought.

Finally breaking the awkward silence, Katy spoke. "Okay. Let's get to the point. We know its Belatrice. We know it's happening on Crackens Island. And we know I'm awesome. So all we have to do it figure out a plan and luckily we have someone who spent most summers there on our side."

Everyone looked at me. And all I could think of was what were our chances against hundreds of brain-washing machines? Well then maybe this was adventure. I smirked. "Let's do this shit."

. . .

After hours of arguments , concentration, teamwork and hope we finally executed a pretty good plan. I, Timothy, Josh and Travis would actually get into the labs and hopefully find some useful information and Katy and Isac (much to their disappointment) would find some emergency escape route maybe with a helicopter or something. And well, Cat would stay at home. We needed a lot of help though and there were two people we had in mind but there was no way to contact them. All we could do was hope and wait for Saturday. It was the big day.

. . .

We stood in Jasmine Square of Sector 4. They were picking up hobos again. This time the number was relatively less than the last time. The square wasn't packed. I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall behind me. I could feel the sun blazing through my eyes. The afternoon heat was scorching. What was going to happen? As the helicopter arrived to take us Katy grabbed my hand. She tried to look confident but I could see right through that. She was terrified. "It's okay man." I said as calmly as I could.

I could only think of I thing to do, I walked over to Timmy and Josh. "We've been together since this started. And we will stay together. I promise. Don't worry." I gave them each a hair ruffle then walked away, but the next thing I knew Josh was hugging me.

"Josh. Look dude. It's alright. We'll be okay."

He nodded and let go. "Do you remember the first thing you ever said to me, Timber?"