Chapter 7- The Mysterious Caller

I was flying. And Katy was next to me. In place of her hands were beautiful golden wings. Each feather made with a look so delicate no one dared to touch them, afraid that they would break. Suddenly it started raining. No what was that? It was paint. Colored blobs and drops fell from the sky and onto my hand and legs, drowning me in paint. I was sinking. I screamed. I kept falling and falling. It was going on forever. Someone caught me in their arms. I looked into his familiar turquoise eyes and immediately felt a sense of security. Then he was shaking me, violently for no reason. I snapped back to reality and gently opened my eyes to see Travis's face looking down at me. Man that was a heck of a dream. He was shaking my shoulder. "Timber, the ferry... time to get up."

I nodded and waited for him to leave the room. Then I allowed myself five more minutes of precious sleep. I yawned, stretched and went to get dressed. I joined the rest of the gang near the fire place. Josh was balancing, or at least attempting to balance a cherry on his nose. That was an utter fail. Katy kept getting milk mustaches after every gulp of milk and Timothy was laughing. "Sleeping beauty finally decided to get up huh?" Travis asked between bites of food.

I smiled sheepishly. "Well yeah... I was exhausted." I sat down next to Josh and started choosing food from the packets. I took two blueberry muffins, two sausages and an entire orange. Travis laughed and shook his head. Then I realized he was looking at my food. "Look... I'm hungry. I'm not trying to be a Barbie doll." I said grumpily. "I don't care if I put on a pound or two. I. AM. HUNGRY."

Travis laughed. "Chill Sleeping beauty. I was kidding."

I ignored him and dug into the muffins. They were delicious. The blueberry just exploded in your mouth. Flavor burst!

. . .

We boarded the ships at exactly 11 o'clock that morning. Timothy had done my disguise again, this time making sure that it would stay on no matter what. Since we were in Sector 2, where not many people could recognize me, I had gotten into a shirt and some denim shorts instead of the dress. This boat wasn't a ferry. It was more like a two night cruise ship for some tourists or something. There was a disco in the night that I and Katy were really looking forward to.

We settled down in the rooms that we were given- one for Travis and Josh and the other for me, Timmy and Katy. We had so much fun. Pillow fights, make up tips, truth or dare!

Around 1:00 that afternoon I ventured out to explore the cruise ship a little more. It was around lunch time so I automatically entered a fast food restaurant. My mouth watered as the trays passed me, full of food. That's when I recognized a familiar silhouette looming near the corner of the restaurant. Travis. He was looking around nervously and biting his lip in the cute way he did whenever he was worried. Then he gazed into his phone and was about to press the call button when he shook his head and slid his phone back into his pocket. Who was he calling? He turned around and I quickly hurried out of the restaurant. I didn't want him to think I was spying on him (which I was).

. . .

"Katy. This dress is way too short." I complained

"Shut up Cracken you look great." Katy replied. "It covers most of your thighs, chill out."

"I'll chill out when I stop wearing this dress." I grumbled. "Are you sure pajamas are not allowed-

"No." Katy cried cutting me off. "Travis is gonna love you in this dress!"

"EXCUSE ME?!" I half yelled. Oh god... this was bad.

"Come on man I know you like him!" Katy teased. I became beet red and looked away.

We were getting ready for the disco tonight and Katy was forcing me to wear her short dresses. It was actually extremely pretty but I wasn't used to dressing like this. It was an off shoulder black dress that reached around mid- thigh. I had worn some calf length black boots that Katy had magically conjured from some pocket of her suitcase. Timothy had added some last minute make up to go with my blonde wig. I tried to focus more on the fun than my clothes tonight. I smiled. I was not gonna ruin this night.

We reached the dance floor just as the party started. Travis hadn't shown up and Timothy and Josh were too young to be there in the first place. Blue lights were placed everywhere and a little bar (which I was totally gonna avoid) was set at the other end of the room.

It took a while for me to get in the mood, but when I did I went crazy. I danced my heart out. I was sweaty and exhausted but I didn't care. Two things that had been worrying me before (where was Travis? And my short clothes) were now way at the back of my mind. I and Katy were on fire. We had joined a group of girls our age and were having loads of fun. Slowly, the noise, dancing, everything really, started getting me dizzy. I stopped to steady myself. A familiar figure caught my eye. Travis was passing the door, but instead of entering the disco he walked away. Hmm... well that was suspicious.

I quickly told Katy I was going to the bathroom, who nodded, and I rushed out the door. I tiptoed down the corridor and found Travis leaning on the railing, talking to someone on the phone, gazing into the sunset. Streaks of orange and pink hilighted the beautiful blue sky. The sun looked as if it was sinking into the sea, bright orange and blue merging together.

"You're welcome" he said to the mysterious caller. But his voice was shaking and soft, like he hadn't thought this entire thing through. He cut the phone and slipped it into his pocket.

"Travis." I said gently, not wanting to startle him.

He turned around and his eyes widened as he saw me. "Timber... Timber... you look... stunning." Then he quickly blushed and looked away.

I laughed but I could feel my cheeks burning. "Who were you talking to and where have you been?" I asked

"Let's just go to the disco." He replied but it was clear that he wanted to change the subject. That's when I made up my mind. I was gonna find out what Travis was up to.