Chapter 16- Faults and Fights

Hello! So here it is… chapter 16! Hope you like it! Anyways all I wanted to say is that I won’t be updating for a couple of weeks. My exams are coming…ughhhhh. And I have to study!!! Noooo!  So yeah TOODLES! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “Timber? Timber?”

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Travis’s face hovering hazily above me.

“Where are we?” I croaked.

“In Isac’s apartment. We’re safe.”

I smiled and got up. Immediately pain shot up into my head and I collapsed. Then I blacked out again.

                                                                                             . . .

I felt a hand brushing my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw Travis gazing sleepily out of the window, his hand rested on my cheek.

“Travis.” I managed to squeak out.

He looked down at me, blushed, and removed his hand.

“What’s the time?”

He checked his phone and replied, “3:47.”

“Afternoon?”

“No, morning.”

“Then why are you still awake?”

“Because some people… some people matter more to me than sleep. And that’s saying something. Not everyone’s that important.”

“I’m honored.” I said, laughing. “So how did I blackout? And what happened after that?”

“I will tell you…after I get you a glass of water. Honestly, your throat’s as dry as a beaver.”

“A beaver? That doesn’t even make sense.”

“Do I look like I care?”

“Nope. But dude,  I think I’ll go to the kitchen myself. I’ve been  sleeping for ages.”

“You sure? Be careful.”

“Honestly Travis, it’s just the kitchen.”

He chuckled as I got up and exited the room. I entered the kitchen and found Isac pacing around, worriedly.

“Yo Isac.”

“Timber!” He exclaimed and embraced me. Then he blushed and quickly let go.

“Chill out man, it was totally brotherly.”

Ok…was it just me or did Isac just look hurt for a moment.

“How are you?” He asked with a concerned look.

”I’m better. How are the others? What ‘bout Katy?”

“Katy? I don’t know… haven’t checked on her. Probably fine.”

“Well news flash Isac I’m not fine.” Katy said, entering the kitchen.  I didn’t even hear her coming. I looked at her. She was fine except for her right calf. It was tied up in bandages.

“Katy what happened!?” I exclaimed.

“Just got shot in the leg… I’m alright.”

“See I knew you were alright.” Isac replied.

”I’m not made of steel.” Katy said, rolling her eyes.

“What’s your point?”

”Look Isac, just because I’m strong doesn’t mean I won’t get hurt.” Katy cried.

“Um…ok whatever.”

“No. NOT WHATEVER!”

“Why are you getting so pissed Katy?” Isac asked.

“Because maybe, once in a while you should care about people other than her!” Katy screamed pointing at me. Isac became beet red.

“Excuse me?” I asked, interrupting.

“Oh puh-lease Timber! Everyone knows it! He likes you! You should’ve seen him! All he was asking was if you were alright and kept rushing into the room every five minutes!”  Katy yelled.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. No. This was wrong. Isac was supposed to like Katy.

“Why do you care anyway?”

“Well atleast show some sympathy to Josh and Timothy! They were frightened after that video! But you didn’t give a crap did you? All that matters to you is Timber!?

“Well even if I do then why the hell does it affect it you!?

“Are you really that stupid and ignorant!? You haven’t realized!? Katy screamed. “ I like you! But you like her!”

Isac’s expression became blank.

Then Katy added. “I went through too much bullshit for you. Now I don’t give a damn.”

“I don’t care what you think of me.”

“Well that’s good cause I think you’re an obnoxious jerk.” Katy said, then gave her perfect girly smile.

“You’re pathetic and so is this stupid journey.” Isac exclaimed  rolling his eyes.

“CUT IT OUT!” I yelled but it was like I didn’t even exist. They simply continued.

“I know right. I wouldn’t even have come if I knew idiots like you were coming along.”  Katy said

“Yup you shouldn’t have come. It would be a better place without you and your laid back attitude.”

“You’re the one pulling the group down. Being stressed out like that 24/7.”

Nobody spoke for a few moments.

“Oh poor little Isac. If this made you sad then I could say some things that would make you cry. But I won’t… you know, go easy on the kid.”

“Oh yeah!? Like what?!”

“Hmmmm… what about-  Timber and Travis are madly in love and she will never be yours.” With that Katy stalked out of the kitchen.

Isac flushed and stomped out, frustrated. And I just sat there and felt a tear rolling down  my cheek.