Chapter 19- The Message

"Oh my god. I cannot wait to ride that one!" Katy screamed pointing to a roller coaster. "Or that one! Or that one! Ahhhh! I'm so excited! This was a great idea!"

I smiled. Everyone was so hyped up about the amusement park (even Cat looked happy) except for Timmy who turned a sickly shade of green every time someone mentioned roller coasters.

"Okay guys remember, we need to keep these disguises on at all times. Have fun but don't forget the main aim is to find the hidden message Demitrea might have left for us. It could be anywhere in any of these rides. Let's go." I said

We spread out, the way we had planned. I and Travis ran over to the Ferris wheel. While we waited in the enormous line I took in the amazing scene in front of me. The amusement park was huge with families everywhere. It had everything- from Ferris wheels to roller coasters to cotton candy stalls. Maybe after this entire adventure was over, all of us could visit again, as ourselves, just to have a good time. I smiled at this thought. So many times I had wondered if we could all stop and settle down but then it occurred to me that we would still have to hide in fear. If you had to live your life like that it wasn't living at all.

"Timber, come on, we're next." Travis said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"One question, how are we supposed to find a tiny little message on this gigantic Ferris Wheel? We can't exactly check every single car, can we? It's gonna be impossible." I replied.

"Relax."

We entered our car and once the supervising lady was sure we were wearing our seatbelts we moved on. We checked around the car in what little movement we were capable of in our seatbelts but we couldn't find a thing. I looked around for other passengers that may have found something strange in their cars but everyone just seemed excited about the ride. I sighed as it started.

"Timber, there's a reason they call it an amusement park. Cheer up. It's not a glum-ment park."

"That was literally the stupidest thing I've heard. Apart from a dog named Cat. Speaking of Cat, where is Katy leaving him when she's on the ride?"

"I don't know. She's Katy, she'll figure something out. And we're almost reaching the top. Brace yourself for the spectacular view. It's almost as spectacular as me. Almost."

I coughed sarcastically as we reached the highest point. The view there was actually breath-taking. The evening sky was streaked with highlights of orange and pink and the sun was setting. It was magnificent. Slowly our cart descended. I wished we were up there longer. The ride came to an end and I got out feeling both glad yet miserable. We were never going to find that message and sadly that was our only hope.

"So is it time to visit that food court now?" I asked Travis. He nodded and then started towards it. The food court was our next stop for investigation and that too, sadly, was huge and the message could be anywhere. Even in those kitchens where the food was being made. Well we couldn't go in there obviously so the only thing we could do is pretend we were unsure what we wanted and linger around the counters longer than usual. And that is exactly what we did.

After roaming around Pizza Palace for a couple of minutes and checking it out we decided to move on. We covered every single restaurant from Chinese to Italian. I was ready to give up any second now but the only things that kept me going was Travis's horrible jokes and the thought of living a fear-free life...but mostly Travis's stupid comments.. A couple of people had noticed us roaming around so much and well... we got some strange looks. Frustrated and tired, I finally sat down at a table.

"Travis...I can't do this anymore. It's pointless. Honestly I don't know what we were thinking when we took this decision." I said, rubbing my temples. I was getting a head ache. Travis opened and closed his mouth a few times, attempting to talk before disappearing into the crowd. I groaned. What was he up to now? Well I would just have to wait here because there was no way I was getting up. Laziness beats boyfriends. Laziness beats everything. Except food. Man, I was a terrible girlfriend.