Chapter 9

!TW!- There is yelling, crying and angst in this chapter so if you do not feel comfortable with that or may find that triggering please skip over this chapter or skip over the part where there is a TW, thank you.

In this chapter there are going to be sensitive topics, we will put a TW right before the topics are spoken about or acted on.

————————————————————

"I'm leaving for a few days,"
James spoke coarsely.

"You are?" The teen asked, "When did this come up?"

"Go check on the baby and take Jenny with you, the adults need to talk," James stated, gestering for them to go up the stairs. The teen seemed upset by that statement but still did as he was asked.

"Come on Jenny, let's go check on Flora," the teen said to Jenny before getting up and walking to the stairs. Jenny got up as well, following shortly behind the teen.

Meanwhile, Chester and Parker exchanged bewildered looks. James stared at them for a minute until taking their exaggerated looks as a signal to speak.

"Is there a problem with that request?" James spoke fancily with a bit of aggression lacing his words.

"Oh! Uh.. no," Chester spoke frantically, giving Parker a side glance, hoping that he would speak for him.

Parker looked over at Chester and realized that Chester was looking at him to speak. Parker cleared his throat and began speaking.

"When are you leaving?" Parker questioned, leaning onto the table, resting his arms.

"Today, in a few hours," James replied, crossing his arms and shifting his weight onto one leg.

"What?!" Chester spoke up, loudly exclaiming his shock.

After realizing how loud he yelled, Chester threw his hand over his mouth. Shortly after, he slowly took his hand away to apologize for the extreme reaction but before he could Chester felt a cold, rough sensation around his wrist.

The blonde looked down to see Parker's large hand gripping his wrist tightly. He then felt a warm breath on his ear.

"Dude, you need to quiet down," Parker spoke in a low, husky voice causing Chester to slightly shiver due to the feeling going down his spine.

Chester nodded slowly, looking up to meet James' eyes.

"I'm sorry," Chester spoke quietly, giving James a pleading look.

"It's whatever," James said harshly, getting ready to continue his sentence,  "I don't want the kids to go see any friends while I'm gone and I don't want people over at my house either. Also, if you call my cell phone don't expect me to pick it up every single time but I do require that you pick up all of my calls," James stated.

"Why would we have to answer all your calls but you won't answer ours?" Chester questioned.

James rolled his eyes before speaking, "I didn't say I won't answer any of your calls, just not all of them. Also, I need to know what's going on at the house, you don't need to know what I'm doing and if something goes wrong then you're the sitters, deal with it."

"But-" Chester began to speak, however, Parker's grip on his wrist tightened and he took the action as a sign to shut the fuck up.

James, taking the silence as a sign that the conversation was over, turned and headed towards the basement door.

"I'm going to go pack," James announced, "I should be able to leave in about two hours, maybe less." The man walked off, leaving Chester and Parker in the dining room alone.