Chapter 1

"You have arrived at your destination," the GPS said as Parker pulled into the driveway of the Robert's house, which was a two-story modern home. A portion of the left side of the house was a black brick while the rest was white brick. The grass was green and shrubs lined the stone walkway to the door. Overall, the entire exterior of the house seemed to give off a comforting feel, however, it was located in a highly wooded area with trees surrounding it on all sides. These trees blocked the view of the house from the road and separated all the homes around it. The clouds seem to align themselves with the trees, the sky being dark and gloomy. It could make even some of the cutest homes seem creepy.

"Okay, so remember," Parker said as he parked the car. "Hide the camera in your bag but keep it on so it records the audio."

"Okay, got it," Chester replied.

"We have to act like babysitters, not investigators. Say one of Chloe's friends suggested us, so act like it," Repeated Parker.

"Yeah, I know... I read the email," He replied with an eye roll; not being visible due to his sunglasses.

"Okay, let's go dude," Parker said unlocking the car doors.

They opened the car doors and stepped out, the air was suffocating. A cold breeze blows past them making Chester shiver. 'When did it get so cold,' Chester thought to himself.

When they arrived at the door, Parker knocked loudly to get the attention of the residents. After a few seconds, the door swung open revealing a tall man with numerous scars lining his facial features. He looks at the boys with a glare.

"You the babysitters that 'Chloe' called?" He asked. Saying 'Chloe' in a mocking tone.

"Uh.. yes we are. Are you her dad?" Asked Parker.

"Yes. Now come in," The father demanded. They entered the house, immediately greeted by a blonde teen who ran up to them.

"Hi, I'm Chole!" 'She' said in a polite tone. "My friend told me a lot of good things about you two, happy to have you as our babysitters!" 'She' continued.

"So if you're a teenager.. then why do you need a babysitter?" Chester asked.

"SHE likes to get into trouble," Answered the father quickly.

"Okay... we'll make sure to keep a close eye on 'her' then," Parker said, trying to keep up the babysitter act. The group headed out of the entryway and into the living room where a little red-haired girl was seated on the floor next to the coffee table, coloring in a blank notebook.

"Okay, so the rules are when I call you answer, no excuses. Also, no leaving the house without my permission." Chloe's father explained. "And DON'T go in the basement."

"What about the yard?" Chester asked. "Can we go outside to the yard?"

"Yes, you can go to the yard."

"So uh... sir," Parker said, directing the father's attention away from Chester. "How long will you need us to babysit your kids and can we know your name?"

"My name is James, and you'll be watching my kids for a while, a few months at the least," James stated.

While Parker continued to talk with James, Chester took a glance around the living room. It was nice, which was rather odd. He was more used to doing investigations in old, broken-down-looking houses that would have creaking doors and minimal decorations. This house, however, had a soft, grey couch and matching chairs in the living room. On the wall across from where the couch was, the TV was hung up, it seemed to be a rather new TV, probably no more than a few years old. In the center of the room sat a modern-looking coffee table with a glass top, underneath the table was a light blue rug that had a few deeper blue plant designs on it. On top of the coffee table, there was a cute little flower arrangement and a few books set off to the side. There were multiple modern art pieces hanging on the walls and there was also a bookshelf with an array of different colored books on it, plus a few little trinkets, such as some dog figurines. The bookshelf was placed against the wall right behind the couch and was plain white, which helped the items on the shelf stand out more.

So far the place looked like a normal house that you'd raise a family in. It was actually quite calming for Chester, for once he didn't have to walk around a house that looked like it was going to fall apart at any moment. It helped him relax a bit, but it also made him wonder if these people really needed their help. Sure the dad, James, seemed a little off and had some scars on his face (but those could just be from an accident or something), but everything else looked normal.

"Chester?" Parker said. His voice was a bit louder than normal, he had probably called him several times.

"Huh?" Chester shifted his attention from his thoughts to Parker.

"Are you paying attention?"

"Uh-yeah."

"Really?" James asked. "Repeated what I just said."

"Uhm......" Chester had to admit that he hadn't been paying that close of attention to what James had been saying. Instead, he had been busy admiring the interior design of the house.

"Don't worry," Parker chimed in. "I'll clue him in, sorry he tends to zone out." James just grumbled something as he walked off. Parker turned to Chester. "Seriously, dude you need to pay more attention," he said in a snappy tone.

"Okay, sure whatever," Chester respond. Parker didn't mean any harm in that comment, Chester knew that, but it still hurt. However, if he was being honest it seemed like lately Parker had been very passive-aggressive and it was beginning to degrade Chester's self-esteem...

________________________________
Authors note: (from two different people)

Calleigh- Lol I'm going to make Chester stuffer.

Val- I hope you enjoyed the book to far! We'll try to come out with chapters as soon as we can. Love you all! <3