Chapter 2

Liam was ready to leave in about 15 minutes. He made his way outside and waited for his limo to arrive. He hardly had to wait for a minute before the limo arrived. He quickly made his way into the backseat and said hello to the limo driver. "Hello, I'm going to the set of The Ellen Show", he told him. The driver nodded and turned on the radio. Liam unlocked his phone and was surprised when he saw he had no missed calls. He was surprised the boys hadn't called or texted him yet. The driver flipped through the stations. He barely heard anything but the words "4 out of 5 of the band One Direction found dead-". The driver changed it before they finished. His heart skipped a beat. His 4 best friends.. dead? No that couldn't be. Was this a joke? But who would do that? Did he mishear the whole thing? His heart started to pound so loud that he was positive the driver could hear it. "Can you go back to that?" Liam asked. "The news?" the driver asked. Liam nodded. He turned it back on.  "-they were found dead on the highway making their way to the set of The Ellen Show", the lady said. Liam was confused and scared. No. No. No. They couldn't be dead. They aren't dead. This was not happening. The news began to talk about a robbery at a grocery store. Liam didn't know what to believe. Maybe it wasn't them.. maybe they didn't say one direction.. but who else would be going to The Ellen Show?Did he hear that wrong too? He had to. This was not happening. It wasn't. It couldn't. He was dialing Paul's number when his phone began to ring. Paul had beaten him. Paul had called him first. "Paul?" Liam asked, sadness clear in his voice. "Liam", Paul said, his voice more serious than usual. "Did you hear?" he asked. "I-I-I", Liam began unsure if Paul was talking about what he heard  on the radio. "No", he said. "Liam. When Louis, Harry, Niall, and Zayn were on the highway a drunk driver hit them" Paul began pain obvious in his voice. "Are they okay?" Liam asked weakly. Their was a pause on the other end. Paul didn't know how to tell Liam that his four best friends..bandmates..brothers were dead. "They were found dead", Paul finally said. Liam's mouth went dry. "W-wh-what?" Liam croaked. "I'm sorry Liam. I really am", Paul says. Tears began to form at his eyelids. He tried to hold it in but he couldn't. His 4 best friends were gone. A flood of tears gushed down his face. He hung up the phone with Paul, not wanting to be comforted and told that it wasn't gonna be okay. He knew that it wasn't. He had no one to turn to, no friends to talk to. He had nobody left. They can't be dead.  They can't be. No. No. No.   He wiped his eyes as a new stream of tears poured down his face. "Are you okay?" the driver asked. Liam just shook his head. "Cam you take me back to the hotel?" he managed to ask.  The worst part was that the last thing he said to his bandmates was to stay safe. Liam felt like he had jinxed it... that he was the cause of their death.