Ch.6 ER Visit

No One

She began convulsing the way she did at the concert and the EMT had told Taylor that if it happened again to have her taken to the ER. She stayed unconscious while she was put into the ambulance. They had let Aiden go with her in the ambulance.

He squeezes her hand tightly, begging her to wake up. While the EMT's do what they need to do, her heart rate stays really high but her blood pressure stays low (which is normal for her).

"We have a 21 year old female, who has POTS. Began having anxiety which led to a black out. Patient is still unconscious. Having seizure-like convulsions" the EMT announces into his walkie.

"Is she going to be okay?" Aiden asks, clearly freaked out.

He hooks her up to a breathing cannula and takes her blood sugar.

"She should be okay. We need you to stay calm sir" the EMT tells Aiden.

They get to the ER and begin to unload her. Once they get her into the building, she shoots up gasping for air.

"Woah there" the EMT says.

Nurses run over as she frantically looks around and sees Aiden.

"What are you doing here?" she immediately asks.

"Ma'am, we need you to calm down," one nurse says.

They get her into a room and begin the process to get vitals. She was still shaking from the convulsions but she complied with what the nurses needed to do. She refused to look at Aiden at all. They hook her up to everything including IV which Aiden had to look away for due to a heavy fear of needles. Then the doctor walks in.

"Hello Ms. Laila. My name is Dr. Baldwin. I'm going to be taking care of you today. What happened today?" he asks her.

He pulls out a small flashlight to check her pupils but she pulls away.

"I'm really sensitive to light right now" she tells him.

He puts the light away and pulls out his stethoscope.

"I had a POTS attack. Probably triggered by anxiety" she tells the Doctor.

"How long have you had POTS?" he asks her.

She looks over at Aiden who's pacing the room right now.

"Aiden, you're making me more nervous. Sit down" she says then looks at the doctor. "A few years but I was recently diagnosed."

Aiden sits down and the doctor writes everything down on his IPad.

"We are going to start you on an IV and I'd like to run some tests. Your boyfriend here-"

"EX" she immediately says.

"Sorry. Your ex here mentioned you rubbing your chest before you fainted to the EMT's. He said that when that happens, it also means you're having chest pains? Is that correct?" he asks.

She nods and looks over at Aiden.

"Okay. I'm going to order a chest X-Ray. A Ct and an MRI. he also mentioned chronic migraines so we wanna get the MRI for that" the doctor says.

He walks out and seconds later a nurse walks in with an IV bag, hooks her up, then leaves as well.

"You shouldn't be here," he says.

She scoffs.

"No shit" she says.

She then sees two familiar and friendly faces.

"Hey Taylor called Jolly to tell me what happened. Are you okay?" Noah asks, rushing over to her.

She then motions to Aiden with her head causing Noah to turn around and see him. Noah turns fully and extends a hand to him.

"Hey man. Thank you for coming with her. I'm Noah" Noah introduces.

Aiden scoffs but returns the introduction.

"Aiden. I'm her Ex Fiance" Aiden says.

"I'm the lead singer of Bad Omens. I helped her out the other night when she fainted. I just came to make sure she was okay" Noah says, turning back towards AJ.

She smiles. Noah and Taylor make their way to the other side of AJ's bed as a nurse comes in.

"I'm here to take our patient to her x-ray and ct really quickly. She'll be back soon" the nurse says.

AJ says bye to her friends as she's wheeled out.

Aiden

I go into the waiting room where I'm met with our friends and some emo looking guys who I can only assume are Noah's band mates.

"How is she?" Carolyn asks.

"Stable. They took her into X-Ray and CT. They think something else could be going on rather than just POTS" I say, then look at the band mates. "You guys must be Bad Omens?"

"We are" one of them says.

"She's recently become obsessed with you guys. She talks about y'all's music constantly. Even used to have her own concerts in the shower" I explain.

They laugh.

"You say used too. Are you her ex?" one asks.

I swallow hard. She's talked about me to them?

"Um yeah. How'd you know?" I ask.

They chuckle.

"We have become pretty close with her over the past two days. We've heard plenty about you" the first one says.

That's not reassuring. I come to find out their names and also find out that she didn't speak badly of me to any of them. Surprising, since I really fucked things up.

Noah comes into the waiting room to reunite with his band mates.

"She's going to be okay. They also took her down for her MRI. They are really worried something else is wrong with her heart. They said they are going to keep her overnight to monitor her. Taylor said she'll stay the night with her to bring her home in the morning" Noah tells them.

"Are we still going to see her tomorrow before we leave for Charleston?" Nicholas asks.

Noah looks down.

"I'm hoping so. I'd like to see her before. If not, then we'll see her and Taylor in Charleston for the concert" Noah says.

He seems to care a lot about her. After only knowing her for two days.

"Is there something going on between you two?" I ask him.

He turns to look at me.

"Not exactly. She's really beautiful and sweet. But she's going through her breakup and I don't wanna rush anything with her. Especially considering that we are currently on tour. I've never done long distance and I don't even know if that's what she wants. Right now I plan on letting her heal and being there for her when she needs" he explains.

So he does like her.

"You like her though, don't you?" I ask.

"I mean yeah. Who wouldn't? She's quite amazing dude. And quite frankly, I don't know what you did to her, but she's fucking shattered inside. She was afraid of going to play pool tonight in fear of this happening. I'm not going to sit here and act like I know what happened between you two but I know she's amazing and you must've done something really fucked up to her. She loves you and until she's healed and ready to move on with her life, I'm going to be there for her" Noah explains.

I look down and tear up.

Then the doctor comes out.

Song: Miracles by Bad Omens