Ch.5 Playing Pool

AJ

I'm nervous to see him and our friends. I haven't seen any of them since we broke up. They also know and aren't the happiest with him about it.

Right now, Taylor and I are driving to the pool hall. We were both sad about having to leave the boys. Noah asked me to go on a date with him tomorrow before they drive down to Charleston in which I said yes.

"You feeling okay?" Taylor asks.

I look out the window as we drive.

"I'm nervous. I haven't seen him or any of them in over a week. Plus, Noah asked me on a date so I'm really nervous about that" I explain.

"Understandable. Just remember that if you have an episode, that you have me and Aiden there to help you out" she says.

I know. And I don't want him there if it happens. But he's one of the few people that actually knows how to calm me down.

When we pull up to the pool hall, my heart begins to race. But not POTS race.

"We don't have to do this AJ. We can turn around right now and go home. You don't need to do this" Taylor says to me.

"I know but I need to. I walked out when he told me he wasn't going to drop any of them" I say.

"I still can't believe he did this to you" she says.

I look down as Noah texts me.

Noah🖤🎤: Hey beautiful. You got this. Don't like him guilt trip you. Don't let him get into your head. You are making the right decision going to talk to him. Enjoy your night and please let me know when you get back to your dorm.

"Noah?" Taylor asks.

I nod. We finally decide to head in to see Carolyn waiting for us. She hugs us both then takes us over to where Edith and Aiden are.

They are in the middle of a game. I swallow hard as I see him. He's in sweats and looks like he hasn't slept in days. He doesn't even look happy to be playing. I take a deep breath and walk over to the table.

"I got winner" I say.

Edith comes running over and hugs me. I laugh and hug her. We pull away and Aiden comes over.

"Do I get one?" he asks.

I scoff and go to grab a pool stick. One of the ladies Aiden and I viewed as a motherly figure was here with her league team. She gets all excited and comes to hug me. I happily hug her as she welcomes me.

She mentioned noticing my "fiancé looking sad" and asked if everything was going okay between us. Only our friends really knew we had broken up and why. I explained that we were having some issues but that everything would be okay.

I knew it wasn't true and I wished I could say it was really going to be alright. But it's not.

I walk back over to my table to see Taylor on the phone with Jolly. I smile and walk over.

TayTay- There she is. *Throws her arm around me*

Jolly- Hey girl. Is everything okay?

TayTay- Yea. I'm okay. Bout to play a match against whoever wins. Where's Noah? -Me

Jolly- Hell yea. Kick some ass for us. Noah is in the shower currently. But I'll let him know you were looking for him.

TayTay- Thank you. I'm about to play. Tell Noah to text me. -Me

Jolly- Kick some ass for us. Have fun -Nick

I chuckle and chalk up my cue. Aiden looks over at me as he reracks the table.

"You're playing me" he says.

I swallow hard and nod. He rolls me the cue ball. I begin to draw back on my cue. He removes the rack. I take a deep breath and full send the cue into the cue ball. The balls scatter, allowing me to knock in two solids.

"I'm solids" I say to him.

He nods as I go in for another shot.

"So, who's Noah?" he asks.

I line up for my next shot.

"New friend I made" I say, then send my cue.

I look at him as I hear my ball hit the rims.

"I'm allowed to have friends, Aiden" I say.

He swallows and nods.

"Yes. I'm aware of that. Was just hoping it wasn't a new boyfriend" he says as he lines up for his shot.

I scoff.

"That's fucking rich coming from you" I say.

He sends his shot, knocking two of my balls out of the way to try and make his in. It hits the rim but ultimately goes in.

"I just..." he says standing up to make his next shot.

"Just what Aiden?" I ask.

He lines up for his next shot then sends. This shot doesn't go in.

"I miss you so much. You can go through my phone if you want. I literally haven't spoken to any of those girls, and they are all blocked" he says.

I look at him before bending down to take my next shot.

"Even her?" I ask.

He knew who I meant. I send my next shot straight into its pocket. I go around the table to line up for my next shot when he stands in front of me.

"Especially her" he says.

I look up at him and all I see is pain and suffering in those beautiful blue eyes.

"You still did it Aiden" I softly say.

I shove him out of my way so I can go in for my next shot. I line it up and send my ball into the pocket. I do the same with the next two. I now have one more ball on the table before I go for the 8 ball. He went quiet because he knew he couldn't argue with me.

My phone buzzes in my pocket causing me to check it. While Aiden takes his shots, I see its Noah.

Noah🖤🎤: Hey beautiful, heard you were asking about me. How is it going?

Me: No apology yet but I don't know how to feel, and it hurts me.

Noah🖤🎤: It's going to love. It's never going to be easy, but you need this closure before moving on with everything.

Me: Romantically?

Noah🖤🎤: In general? You need this sweetheart.

I smile at my phone. I put my phone away and see that he and I are tied right now.

"Your shot" he says.

I move around the table to make my next shot.

"I'm sorry Acaria," he says.

I stand up and turn to him quickly.

"Once again, it's fucking AJ to you. Acaria is reserved for a significant other" I snap rather loudly.

People around us including our friends all look at me. I begin to feel my heart race. Like POTS race. My chest begins to hurt causing me to rub it lightly.

"AJ" Carolyn says.

"I'm fine. Let's just finish the game" I say.

I line up my shot, but my vision begins to go in and out. My ears begin to ring, sending blurs into my vision.

"AJ" Edith then says.

"I'm fine" I snap.

I take the shot. I watch it go into the pocket then everything goes black.

Song: The Worst In Me by Bad Omens