Chapter 16

"Leah!" I cried as the satyr held her back. He had a wooden spear and a laurel on his hairy horns.

"Let go of me, you scum!" Leah yelled, pushing the satyr back. He fell to the ground, his wooden spear knocked out of his hand. Leah quickly grabbed the spear while the satyr was still fazed.

"Let's not be h-hasty," the satyr chuckled nervously, realizing that Leah pointed the spear right at his neck.

Leah drew back her spear.

"You're right," she chuckled, with an evil gleam in her eyes, "let's not be hasty,"

Suddenly Leah turned into a different form. She now had pale skin, shining mint green hair, and dazzling brown eyes you could get lost in. She now wore a slightly transparent chiton with flowers instead of her pink jacket.

"My dear, why so pale?" Leah said in a sweet voice, helping the satyr up.

"My l-love!" the satyr cried, "I must have you!"

"Is that so?" Leah asked, pretending to be clueless, "I thought you were about to kill me."

"Forget that!" he yelled, scrambling to his feet, "I would give you the sun, the moon, and the stars! Marry me!"

"You are not fully committed to me," Leah said, looking sad but she had a smile under her lip, "you are no longer mine,"

"But I must have you!" he cried. Then before I knew it, the satyr drove the spear right through his chest in his grief. He fell dead on the grass as the sun set, his blood getting all over the flowers.

"Sucker," Leah smirked, and then she turned back to herself. The actual Leah. And I just stood there, my jaw wide open.

"W-what?"

"It's called false love, Amara. Now, hurry, the camp is under a raid!" Leah urged, I quickly nodded. We ran away from the dead satyr, running all over camp. There were hordes of satyrs everywhere.

"I don't understand, satyrs do dumb things they're drunk but not that drunk!" Leah shouted, driving her spear into another satyr, They're usually docile creatures! And how did they even get into camp?"

I gasped at her comment. The poison! Wait...the shrines! I looked around frantically, trying to pinpoint where we were. We were on the north side of the camp, I had to get to the shrines!

"I need to go!" I urged, Leah blinked.

"We should stick together, Amara! This isn't some stupid horror movie where everyone splits up!" she argued, gripping her spear.

"Sorry, Leah," I replied, "but I need to go solo for this one..."

I dashed off, into the forest in the dead of night. By now, the P.A. was blaring like crazy and there was even more yelling.

"Okay, I can do this!" I mumbled to myself, though I wasn't even sure what I was heading for, "I need to—AH!"

I bumped heads with someone, and we both fell to the ground, fazed.

"Ugh," I groaned, perking up. It was Hannah. And Thomas, Elizabeth, Cora, and...Kassie. Great.

"Amara?" Hannah asked, helping me up.

"What's going on?" I asked, and Kassie rolled her eyes.

"It's a raid, duh!" she scoffed, Elizabeth ignored her.

"Yeah, by hordes of the hundreds! Satyrs are coming from every nook! I'm afraid the shield might be down for all monsters to invade the camp," Elizabeth explained, Thomas chuckled nervously. I was glad to see him up and about, I hope he didn't make any drowning puns though.