Chapter 13

Here's an update for you, life is good. Okay, not that good, but I made some really good allies at Camp Unspeakable! Why is it even called Camp Unspeakable? I refuse to call them friends, Farrah is my only friend...I also met someone called Kassie Cookson! She's one of the few children of Athena! She's eleven like me, she's super intelligent, and she likes saying weird unrelated facts at random times! So, that's mostly me, but still! And I know what godly drills are now! It's basically a training session with your half-siblings to expand your powers. I kind of thought it was like a drill. Like, stop, drop, and roll!

It's been a week and the activity of the Poisoner has died down, but I've been having more vivid dreams. So Marcus and I keep brainstorming. I've also grown with my allies. But most of all, Hannah. She's popping in and out with me to hang out or go to the archery range with me. And not to brag, okay, I LOVE to brag sometimes. But I'm getting fairly good with the bow and arrow, it's pretty nice. And now I can talk to Elizabeth, Thomas, Leah, etc, without freezing in a huge ball of panic and fear! (Still working on that!)

I've even started some training with Elizabeth or Leah, but Elizabeth still scares the living out of me. And speaking of Leah, there's been an issue. So, Leah and Elizabeth kind of hate each other, I don't know how I didn't catch on. And for some dumb and REALLY stupid reason, they're tugging me on like some war treatise. I act as some kind of object for them to fight over if that makes sense. Thomas and Cora are just like the bystanders, Elizabeth, Lucas, Hannah, or anyone, who will break up the fight. It's kind of scaring me, but I, of course, never show it.

"Amara!" a voice yelled, I shot up.

"Huh?!" I snapped quickly.

"It's just me," Kassie replied, I sighed.

"Sorry, I've been coming in and out these past few days," I said, standing up. We were in Chiron's office, dropping some letters off.

"Who are you writing to?" I asked Kassie, and she smiled.

"My dad, he's a big-time weaver back in the Netherlands. Ever heard of Harry Cookson?"

"Unfortunately, no," I giggled, and she laughed. I dropped my letter, I bent down to reach it, but Kassie picked it up for me.

"Who are you writing to?"

"My mom..." I muttered, glancing at the letter. Life was going smoothly at camp, my mom was always making life harder for me, and the last thing I wanted on my mind was her. I don't why, but I've felt hateful when I think about her. I just hope she didn't call the cops and a S.W.A.T team to get me yet. I just wish she's okay and she's happy, with that dumb Logan guy or whatever.

We dropped off our letters and found Cora and Hannah.

"Hey, y'all!" Cora said, greeting us.

"Don't say that word, I have a grudge against it," Kassie shuddered, then a shadow loomed over us.

"Hi, what's your grudge, huh?" the voice hissed.

"HOLY MOTHER OF GEEZERS!" Hannah swore, there was a fourteen-year-old girl. A girl with crazy black hair, pale skin, and some insane eyes. They were gray but looked blinding if that makes sense.

"Oh, hey, Isa," Kassie replied, annoyed. Isa, her voice sounds familiar.

"Hehe," Isa laughed, turning to me, "who are, huh? You're a little young to be a demi-god,"

"I'm Amara Shine—"

"And I'm Isabelle Crookson, daughter of the goddess, Eris!" Isa laughed, crackling. She really did look like a maniac.