#4

Seegson Communication Center.

Finally in the right place at this station, I hoped.

But can anything be that simple?

The android at the reception bureaucratically rejected me, so I quickly told him that it's no wonder that the Seegson company is lagging behind WY. But I didn't wait for him to figure it out, I moved on. If these artificial pieces of shit won't allow me to communicate with Torrens, I will do it myself. Just to get to the switchboard and the main console.

Along the way, another android tried to tell me not to continue in an indifferent artificial tone of voice, so I ignored him. Fortunately, among the piles of things at this station there is also something useful - I found some kind of motion detector. Um...I think it will come in handy for detecting that monster that killed Axel. In fact, it may be the only tool that can help me in this. If I hadn't found it...

As soon as I turned it on on the green screen I saw a dot behind me and my heart sank. I turned around and...another android.

- Is there a problem? - he asked and started towards me.

- No, no problem. Everything is fine - I retorted decisively, so he stopped and walked away.

Creepy guys, these Seegson androids.

Armed with a motion detector, I felt more capable than ever. But without haste and urgency, because the monster knows how to sneak up. One careless movement and lo! I could end up like Axel. That's why I walked at a walking pace, with one hand on the detector the whole time.

The way to the communication center was not God knows what.

An android behind the glass tried to tell me to stop reaching my destination (APPOLO has everything under control?!) and I just continued. I hacked a closed door with the tuner and went through the ventilation pipes (carefully and quietly, making sure that nothing was moving nearby).

And I was greeted by a terrible sight. The android started babbling to a guy who, like me, wanted to get to the switchboard and try to communicate with Torrens, or send a message for help.

- I have to get to the switchboard - said the guy.

"Calm down, you seem agitated," the android said and walked towards him.

-=Don't you recognize me? It is me, Hughes!

- Good day to you, sir - answered the android, picked him up, threw him against the wall and continued to hit him with his head until the poor man died.

I was out of breath. If I'm not out of their reach...

I avoided the nearby camera detection, called the elevator and reached the next level.

The first attempt did not bear fruit. The console on the staircase almost worked, but didn't. I have to go to the main console, a little further. I also realized that I wouldn't be able to contact Torrens because that would require going outside in an EVA suit to the antenna and adjusting the coordinates manually. But anyway, I'll try to get back to it and see if Samuels and Taylor made it to the station successfully. However...everything happens so slowly.

I cursed silently. Yes, why should anything be easy at this hideous station?

And it wasn't easy. The androids, surprisingly, were walking in all directions. They're patrolling, I thought. They didn't see me though. Hiding and moving quietly and quickly have become a damn automated part of my repertoire in the last hour.

Finally, the main console.

I turned it on and...

Samuels' face on the interference screen.

- Samuels!

- Ripley!

- You survived! You and Taylor...

- Ripley, she's wounded. She needs medical attention. Urgently.

- I understand. I'm going to the medical wing, to get a first aid kit. And Samuels...

- Yes?

- Take care of yourself and Taylor. Some kind of...creature is raiding the station. Alien of space origin. A very dangerous predator. Avoid it at all costs.

- I understand. Good luck finding your first aid kit.

- Thank you. I'll see you soon.

Immediately after disconnecting, five anroids headed to my location. They probably realized that someone illegally established communication with another part of the station. But why do they even care? Nevermind.

I avoided them again, but it was more difficult because they were actively looking for me. But once the situation seemed ok, I stopped. There were no androids on the path I wanted to take, but there was some...saliva dripping from the ceiling.

Come on! Alien predator! It is waiting for it's prey. Dear God! I almost went under! I was so focused on avoiding the android that I almost... Just a sec, does it know I'm around? Can it smell me? Although, does it have a nose - because I saw earlier that the tubular head has no mouth, no eyes, and no nose. But why am I even thinking about his... its physiology?

In order for the monster not to jump out, I move away even more quietly than before, avoiding the androids and after a few moments - which seem really too long - I enter the elevator that takes me to the level with Samuels and Taylor. I hope they are fine.