#2

As I said already, going to the Sevastopol station was a huge mistake.

So many bad things have happened, that it is hard to even imagine.

Spacewalks in EV suits gone bad. Something exploded in Sevastopol and the cables separated us. Me on one side, Samuels and Taylor on the other.

Somehow I got hold of the entry handle and soon they were inside.

And it was creepy.

I took off the suit and left it behind in a room full of spacewalk suits. Then I moved on, through the automatic door. She took a deep breath of the heavy, musty, mechanized air of the station.

It was creepy, because there was no one anywhere.

The first room was empty, with a telephone booth like on Torrens, but I didn't care. Retro technology is everywhere these days...

Caution is second nature to me, so I didn't rush headlong regardless.

Who knows what's at stake? Maybe armed robbers have taken over the station? Unknown aliens that kill anyone who appears? I didn't even dare to think about further alternatives.

Soon I was crawling through a long air duct and mechanical repairs, carefully measuring everything around me.

Thoughts swarmed my head.

This station is more than strange. Something has gone terribly wrong here. Every now and then something shook, rattled or fell next to me. The first bad surprise was when the gas valve erupted next to the air duct entrance so I had to calm down for a full 5 minutes before continuing.

And so I go, from chamber to chamber. Along the way, I encountered an enviable amount of calculated doors, mechanisms that need to be activated to be able to go anywhere, people running headlong regardless, corpses covered in blood with strange holes in their chests (as if something came out of them?) and so on. .

After some time I came to: Spaceflight Terminal.

What the hell happened here? - I quietly asked myself out loud.

And while I was moving through that desolate area, the Torrens ship suddenly appeared right next to the station. Enviable maneuvers from Captain Verlaine, flying the ship only a few tens of meters away from the station. The ship was illuminating this area where I was, but nothing of the sort. They didn't see me. Even if they could, they didn't make it because the automated barriers came down, blocking the view outside.

Really, this is where everything went wrong.

After activating a nearby generator to open the door, I moved on. However, I froze in place when a shadow slipped in front of the lights in the chamber that illuminated the corridor.

What the hell...is someone following me?

I cautiously moved on. Inside the room, there was no one. Nevertheless, the nearby ventilation duct was open, but in the vault of the room, so it was not possible to expect that someone quickly climbed 3 meters up in silence.

However, I had a terrible feeling. It's like something is following me. Not someone, but something. For what purpose? My impression was solid. Whoever it was, is watching me for now out of curiosity, and later...

No, I didn't want to reveal what would happen later.

I continued into another chamber connected by a single floor vent. Then a new corridor full of destroyed equipment.

As I made my way through the large debris, someone ran in front of me, making a noise. Man! It was an unpleasant surprise, to be startled again, but I took a deep breath. Earlier, I got the impression that I was being followed by something that was not exactly a human being. If it was him... well, I could always handle people...

The next chamber was larger and more spacious, full of corpses lying in closed sacks. I made a determined effort to ignore it. Same thing again. A generator to open doors that allow me to progress further through the station...

I managed. In the newly opened room, a mechanic's tool (maintenance jack) was used to break the calculated door. I took it from one corpse as well as several handheld light torches. And then I bumped into the guy who followed me earlier, Axel, who was dangerous at first, and then interested in leaving the station. At first he was incredulous, but I convinced him that the ship was nearby and he softened. This was useful because he was armed with a gun, and it represented my protection, because I was, obviously, bare-handed.

He was irritatingly secretive and fearful when I asked him what went wrong here at Sevastopol station. Something is killing us one by one, he explained. After a few moments, he barely had the strength to say that it was a monster.

A cosmic organism, I thought to myself. It MUST be about that. The earlier one gives the impression that something is following me...maybe it wasn't Axel, but that creature? I dismissed those thoughts and entered his lair full of warm colors with Axel, provided myself with a portable flashlight, batteries for it, and another signal flare. Then we continued on, towards the communications department to contact Torrens and maybe find Samuels and Taylor.

We haven't gotten that far.

After half an hour of sneaking around and bypassing the enemy, armed ones at that, the worst happened. I found out firsthand what was wrong with the station.

Just as we ran away from the guys who tried to trap us, I helped Axel survive, and he took one out. We ran to the next chamber.

I got a shock there because I just saw the man who ended up with Axel's hand.

He tried to calm me down by telling me it was about survival, but he failed. I didn't have time to calm down because something inhuman rushed him and dragged him into a nearby drain for work.

I understood the message better than ever before. This, whatever it is, is far worse than armed men at the station.

And that's it. If we make noise, it finds us and kills us. Creature? Alien creature and predator, space monster.

Tiptoeing, I reached the elevator and clicked the button to call the section.

Two minutes of waiting, in a terrifying fog of engine fumes. Terrible uncertainty. I was sure the monster was watching me and enjoying my premonition of imminent death. Yes, I heard some sort of not-so-distant hissing and it seemed to me that the end was near.

And then somehow the elevator doors opened and I didn't wait. As soon as it opened, I squeezed in. The faster the better I pressed the button to go to the next level.

The door closes, and behind it something heavy, alive and horribly inhuman is welcomed to its feet.

I was overjoyed that I couldn't see what it really was with my naked eyes. Instead, I felt bliss in the soft hum of the elevator movement.

I survived, so far.