Sick Little Markimoo

Okay, my little pretties. Y'all know how these Reader-Insert type one-shots work, yeah? It's just "Y/N" for "your name" and so on and so on. Personally, I love reader inserts, because then I can pretend I have a boyfriend! *maniacal laugh*....*sigh* I am so lonely. ANYWHO, let's just move things right along, shall we?

((P.S., I don't mean to seem gender-specific. If you're a guy reading this and you want me to write you a one-shot, I'll totally do that!))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was relatively early on a Saturday morning, and I was pouring myself a bowl of Cheerios. I'd flipped the TV set to cartoons, just for a bit of background noise. It was mornings like these that I loved best; bright, new, and pleasantly cool. The day was fresh and all ready-to-go, but Mark sure wasn't. He stumbled out of his bedroom with messy hair and a long yawn. He clutched his small Tiny Box Tim plushie close to his chest, and he only hummed quietly when I greeted him.

"Did you sleep okay?" I asked as Mark plopped ungracefully onto the couch and curled up again.

"Slept fine," was all he said. He sounded congested, his already deep voice dragged further down an octave.

I was unconvinced by his statement, but I didn't press. I set my bowl down on the counter and went to the medicine cabinet, trying my best to rummage quietly among the old bottles of ibuprofen and Advil. Toward the back I found the digital thermometer. I wondered when it had last been used. Softly, I padded back to Mark, who was falling back asleep on the couch. "Mark?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" he mumbled, half-awake.

"Do me a favor, okay? Just open your mouth a little." To my surprise, he complied and waited patiently until the thermometer beeped.

I sighed. "Thought so. Hundred and one point two." I ruffled Mark's thick, dark hair. "You, Mark Edward Fischbach, are sick."

He cracked open an eye and glared at me. "'M not sick."

"Uh huh." I rolled my eyes and stood back up. "Consider this a day off. No recording videos for you, mister."

Mark whined. "Y/N, I'm fine, really!" He sat up slowly and tried to stand, but just fell back down on his butt. "Jus' fine," he said firmly.

"What is it with men and denying their weaknesses?" I sighed.

Mark groaned and fell back. "I am the alpha male!"

"Well, would the alpha male like pancakes and bacon on his day off?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes, please," Mark said quietly, yawning again. He snuggled down deep into the cushions and watched cartoons contently.

I decided to just bring him a small plate of food, in case he really wasn't feeling that hungry. "Mark?" I shook him gently. He'd fallen asleep, with Tiny Box Tim tucked into his arms. He shivered a little at my touch. "Wake up, Markimoo. Breakfast is ready. I'll get you a blanket, okay?" He nodded slightly. I went back to his bed, pulled off his thick comforter, and grabbed his glasses off the nightstand. When I returned to the living room, he was sitting on the floor, picking at the food on his plate, taking only small bites and sniffling miserably. I was tempted to snap a photo for Facebook, but that would mean that Mark would be looking for revenge, and I didn't want an awkward picture of myself all over the Internet.

"Sorry, " he said when he saw me. "I'm not that hungry."

"You're okay." I smiled and situated the blanket around his shoulders. "How about we just don't go anywhere, okie doke?"

Mark nodded gratefully. "Thank you." He nodded toward the TV. "Mind if we just watch cartoons?"

"Of course not," I grinned. "You can take your time with the pancakes, okay? Just take it easy." I sat beside him and snuggled up against him. "Get well soon, Markiplier," I whispered softly, nuzzling his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, it was kinda short. Should I write a Pt. 2? Let me know! <3<3