Part 73: She's Not There

Start from the beginning

"I'm here for you," he shrugged, looking down at me. "You need me."

"I've been needing you since you passed away, why are you and dad showing up just now?" I yelled in frustration. This can't be real. I must be sick. Things like this do not happen. What is wrong with me?

"I don't know. Since I'm here, let me tell you this. You don't need Michael. Don't be weak and don't text him back. He doesn't deserve you."

"W-what? You're a freaking ghost or... Whatever you are, you don't know him!"

"I'm your brother, that's what I am and as such, you need to listen to me. He is no good. How can you be sure he's not cheating on you right now, huh?"

"I know him."

"No you don't. Don't answer his texts. Listen to me just as you used to," my brother asked me before disappearing in the air. I looked around the room, but he was gone, nowhere in sight.

I looked down at my phone, erased my text for Michael, and put it back on the nightstand. Julian has always been a good adviser, I should listen. What the fuck are you doing? Listenning to an unreal Julian?

I laid down on the bed, and closed my eyes tightly, trying to disconnect my brain from all those thoughts. As surprising as it seemed to me, I got to drift off to sleep and rest for a little while.

Michael's point of view

I couldn't sleep because I was too worried about June. She was really mad at me, and I knew it. It killed me to know she was probably over with me and my big mouth. I didn't even recognize myself in my words. It's not me to say such things. I really didn't mean to say that. She knows me, she know where my heart is. I don't understand why she didn't text me back.

As I couldn't sleep and as I was worried sick about my girlfriend, I decided to call my little brother, Randy, as Janet was probably busy with her upcoming album. He picked up his phone after the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, brother," I said, trying to hide any trace of tiredness and sadness in my voice.

"Michael? What time is it?"

"I don't know, I'm in Moscow right now."

"How's the tour going? And why are you calling me this early in the morning? Is everhthing ok?"

"It's going well, thanks," I sighed and then cleared my throat. "Um, I need to ask you something," I nervously said.

"What is it, bro?"

"Did you hear from June recently? Like today?"

"Michael, it's not even 9AM, she must be asleep!"

"I don't know. We had an argument earlier today, and she keeps ignoring me."

"What was that about?" asked a concerned Randy.

"You have no idea? At all?" I asked like he was crazy.

"Um, no, not at all. But by the sound of your voice, I should know something. What is it then?"

"Am I bothering you right now? Because this story is going to be long."

"I'm in bed, and I'm alone. So go ahead, talk to me. You're beginning to freak me out."

I deeply sighed, and began to explain things to Randy. I started by telling him about Antoine's, June's father, condition and how June was devoted to her family to help her parents pay the bills, and I went on with the kind of things she did to help them: the photoshoot. I then explained him how much of an idiot I've been towards her when we talked about this situation, and how much of an idiot I've been with everyone on tour, actually.