chapter 92-always

Start from the beginning

Declan's p/v
"Hey! What the fuck is wrong with you?"
Quinn looks up from her book. "Excuse me?"
"You flirt with Rachel's boyfriend, tell her that he likes you, you make fun of her living circumstances, and then send your sister and her friends to beat her up? When are you going to stop hurting people, Quinn?"
"First of all, I never flirted with Tyler. I genuinely wanted to be his friend. Second of all, I never said he liked me, I just got the sense which is completely different. And third of all, I didn't tell Emma to beat her up, she just suggested it. I didn't actually think she would go through with it."
"Well she did, and Rachel is badly bruised. I just wanted to know what it feels like to purposely hurt people. Are you satisfied with your choices? Do you feel comfortable saying yup, I did the right thing? You make me sick, Quinn. But good thing Karma is a bitch." I flip her off and walk away. Rachel doesn't need Darry to defend her, she has me.

Mary's p/v
"I hope Mrs. Holt announces our set list for the spring competition. I just want to get started."
"Me too." Jenna whispers. I look at her.
"Hey, are you ok?"
"Today is my dad's birthday. I had a weird dream last night too. I dreamed that I was taking photos of my backyard back in California. My dad walked up to me and started speaking gibberish. I lifted my camera up to take a photo of him, and when I did his face was covered by a huge cloud. I asked him what was wrong, and he started to sob. I woke up in a cold sweat."
"That is a weird dream. Do you believe in dreams meaning something?"
"I do, not sure what this one means though."
"Are you going to celebrate his birthday with your family?"
"No. My mom was sobbing in her bed this morning. I don't think my brother has the strength to celebrate either."
"That's ok. You can just do the things your father loved to do, like eat his favorite food, watch his favorite movie, sing his favorite song, anything that brings you happy memories."
"I can try. Kiker and I are going to FaceTime later today so maybe we'll watch my dad's favorite movie."
"That's perfect. How are you and Kiker?"
"I think we're ok. Kiker tells me every hour that he misses me, and I do too but it gets tiring having to answer his every text. If I don't he gets upset. He doesn't voice it, but his texting style changes."
"Don't feel guilty or forced to reply, you don't ignore him on purpose. He's a college student, he understands how busy one can get."
"You're right. How are you and Darry?"
"Better than ever. Yesterday we didn't text at all but that's because he was at work. I didn't mind it because today we're going to a party."
"Ooooh, a party. I used to go to parties every week. Indie bands know how to party."
"We should start an indie band and host our own parties."
"I can play the ukulele."
"I'll play the triangle. Jonathan is on guitar."
"And Nina is the lead vocalist. We're going to be a hit."
"Popular with the millennial hipsters who are stuck in 2014."
"My kind of demographic."
I laugh. Whenever I talk to Jenna I forget about my problems. At some point my life had to improve.

Rachel's p/v
"Any potential reconciliation is out the window. Quinn hates me and quite frankly I hate her too."
"That's completely valid. I don't think it's safe for you to walk home alone."
"That's what Declan told me. I just don't want this to interrupt my daily routine. I like to be independent."
"I know, love, but everything is different now. You're in danger. Emma and her friends had no problem beating up someone younger than them. If they left you there with so much bruising then they'll have no problem doing it again, and possibly worse. Promise me you're going to put your safety first."
I kiss Tyler on the lips. "I'm safe whenever I'm with you."
"That's because I can't resist wrapping my arms around you. I also can't resist giving you forehead kisses." Tyler kisses my forehead. I caress his hand. I can fall asleep right here, right now.

Quinn's p/v
"So let me get this straight," Emma straightens her hair, "Ok, I'll do that."
"Just please be discreet. You know what happened to the ogs."
"Quinn, I used to own a cat-fishing account. I know what I'm doing."
"Please keep them tame as well. As much as I hate her, I worry for her mental health."
"You do?"
"Well yeah, I'm not a monster."
Emma rolls her eyes. Ok, I don't believe it either.