Chapter 40 - Morning Cuteness

Start from the beginning

Eventually, after a few minutes of cooking, Kara is interrupted by her phone ringing. She then grabs her phone, and sees that Alex is the one calling her, so she answers.

"Hey, Alex." Kara says.

"Hi Kar." Alex replies, "How are you and Lori?"

Kara sighs after Alex asks her that.

"I don't know." Kara admits, "After we spoke, I went in and told Lori everything that is going on, and I made sure to reassure her, several times, that I do not want to give her away or anything, and I tried to explain why Stephen Andrews is doing everything. But I think Lori still doesn't really understand why he's doing it, and honestly, I don't either."

"Okay." Alex says back, "You were in there for a while with Lori yesterday, so Esme and I left. I presume it upset her very much?"

"Yeah, of course it did." Kara says, "She cried for a very very long time, and I imagine there is going to be more tears about it in the coming days."

"I know." Alex says.

"I did phone Lena though, and ask her to come over, so she could be here to comfort Lori too, even though I'm still angry at her, for what she did." Kara says.

"Oh.... did she come over? Did it help?" Alex asks.

Kara sighs again.

"Yes, it helped Lori that Lena was here. Although, as soon as Lena arrived, Lori did break into tears and hug Lena, so I do think Lori is probably going to be emotional over everything for a while now." Kara says.

"Yeah, I can only imagine." Alex comments.

"But the big thing that happened last night, that was annoying, was that Lena turned up drunk." Kara says, in an annoyed voice.

"What? She did?" Alex asks, somewhat surprised.

"Yeah." Kara says, "She told me that after our fight, or whatever, once she had finished work, she went home, and then started drinking to calm her nerves."

"Oh." Alex says, "I kinda of get it."

"What?!" Kara says, in a surprised and annoyed voice.

"Kara, unlike us, Lena didn't really have any family emotional support growing up, and that has continued throughout her adult life, where she has only really made friends with our friendship group. So, because of all that, she has her own emotional issues. She doesn't know how to deal with certain emotions, because, simply put, she never learnt how to do that." Alex explains, "For Lena, drinking has clearly been her answer to things, you've told me that you've seen this on multiple occasions now, with the first one being when people, Lena included, though the 'lead poisoning', had come from Lena's device."

"Yes.... I understand that....." Kara says, "But.... that doesn't excuse her from turning up here drunk..... he should have told me she'd been drinking beforehand, and let me make the choice whether she could come over or not."

"Maybe." Alex replies, "But you have to remember, you are not the only one that loves Lori. Lena loves Lori too, probably just as much as you do. After all, Lena was Lori's Big Sister for several years, who she spoke to about a lot of things, even stuff going on with you, so she obviously has a strong bond with her. That means it would only be natural for Lena to want to be there for Lori, after hearing she is upset, despite how much she had drunk. In fact, I bet Lena wasn't even thinking about herself as soon as you told her Lori was upset. I bet her mind entirely focused on Lori."

"Yes.... okay.... but..... I still don't like it." Kara says, "I'm still Lori's mom, at least right now, not Lena. And I do not think it was a good idea for Lena to turn up drunk."