CHP. 2 || FIRST IMPRESSIONS

     MY father and I approach front door of the house and he knocks three times. Sooner or later a boy no younger than me opens the door. He looks at my father then to me with curious eyes yet full of worry. Father outstretchs his hands and two ravens go back to his arm on both sides. He walks in, resulting in the boy waking backwards. Aways from us.

"You know who I am." Father speaks while entering.

As we enter, Thor sits at a table with an unknown man sitting across from him. They both had their weapons on the table from the looks of it. Father takes a stool from the side as he walks toward the table sit in front of Thor and the Stanger. As he does this action he says, "Back before winter set in, there were some...misunderstandings."

He then fully sets it on the floor before speaking again. "Regrettable ones. But I think we all have a better idea of who we're dealing with."

As he exchanges between the two I decided to stand by the door as the young boy closes it. When he turns around he sees me standing there and what looks like a last second thought. He grabs a stool from where my father got one and gave it to me.

"Uh...Here." He says. I take it and sit down by the door. "Thank you." He nodded then goes back to stand by of what I'm assuming his father.

A change in tone, my father speaks with a hand slaming down on the table, "Now, what you did to his boys...self-defense. Dying is what we Aesir live for. And let's be honest, they were kinda useless." He says the last sentence towards Thor. Thor looks at father before turning his head to look elsewhere. His eyebrows furrow in disagreement.

My father takes a drink of whatever was in the cup and then what he says next made me look at him. "But Bauldr...he had value. He was my best tracker. My closer."

Bauldr. I've never met my brother Bauldr, shame. Thor was there for me but from what I've seen he drinks alot and rarely spends time with his daughter Thrúd after what happened to his sons. Magni and Modi. Did this stranger had something to do with it? Did he also have something to with Bauldr dying? After hearing that I look down and started to fiddle with my fingers.

"Yeah his mind was gone, sure. But he had his uses, and now he's gone, because of you. You follow me?"

He takes a sip once more and says to the stranger," you have a debt." Then he looks at Thor, "You're no fun anymore."

He puts down the drink and the stanger finally speaks. "What do you want?"

After a silent tension my father began to speak, "How about peace?" He says as he stands up and starts to walk around the table behind Thor.

"How does peace strike the esteemed retired God of war? How about we just don't kill each other? How about you stay home. Kick up your feet. Seek no quarrel with me, and I'll have none with you."