T h r e e

Thomas:
I stretched my hands, the entirety of my arms in tension, awaiting the shock of his weight, — Newt merely glanced at me, distrust etched upon his expression. It hardly lasted a second: he jumped off the edge, and I caught him by the waist, pressing my fingers onto his flawless white shirt and lowering him to the ground as gently as I could. Out of instinct, his hands had coupled to my biceps, gripping me for balance, — I squinted out of sheer pain, feeling his nails digging into my skin through the fine fabric of my sleeves.

"Oops, my fault," he pursed his lips, instantly taking his hands off me. "In my defense, though, I didn't think you'd catch me," he grinned, blinking slowly.

I smiled back, shaking my head in fake disbelief, and inevitably feeling his tiny waist between my hands. "Are you kidding me?" I scoffed, my eyes flickering to every detail of his face. "You're lighter than the weights I lift."

Newt dramatically pushed me off, simultaneously letting out a contagious chuckle. "Oh pardon me! I didn't know I was dealin' with bloody Superman here," he taunted, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he markedly rolled his eyes.

"Have you ever seen Superman and me in the same room?" I questioned, shrugging my shoulders suggestively. "Let that sink in..." 

His eyelids dropped in annoyance, staring at me dead in the eye. "I'm gonna let you sink in a river."

I let out a guffaw of laughter, Newt following suit shortly after, both of us struggling to catch our breath amidst restless chuckles.

After some playful joking and taunting, we headed towards my secret spot, nestled deep in the heart of the dense woods. We trekked continuously for a good ten minutes, delving further into the forest, navigating through the silence broken only by the sound of dry leaves crunching beneath our feet. I could make out Newt's gentle panting behind me, the rustling of his clothes as he took long strides, his presence felt rhough the subtle sounds of his movements. "Almost there," I encouraged him, taking a quick peek at his silky blonde hair.

He huffed, shaking his head, his expression hidden under his fringe. "It just dawned on me, ya could've been takin' me to the middle of nowhere to kill me," Newt panted, looking straight to the floor as he struggled to climb the last stretch of the path.

"Too late!" I snarled, a sly smirk etched upon my face.

"Wha-?!" Newt started, but couldn't finish his sentence, — in the spur of the moment, I quickly turned on my axis, lunged at him and relatively gently loaded him over my shoulder, his arms swinging behind my head, and his legs struggling over my chest.

Newt chocked a startled gasp, desperately clutching the fabric of my shirt in attempt to stay steady. "Fuck's wrong with ya?" he shouted as I took him up the hill, grabbing him tightly. "Let me down ya bloody prick!"

I breathed out a low giggle, feeling his fists knocking against my back, demanding to be freed.

"Those British insults are adorable."

"No they're not mate, let me down!"

"Fine!" I said while I stopped on the top of the mountain. Once I left Newt on his feet, he started yapping and grumbling, his fists closed like a fierce little mouse.

"Bloody hell! What'd you do that for, slint-head?!"

"Hey, slim it and turn around," I cackled as his confused frown merged into raw amazement.

"Fuck me, Tommy," he said as he looked at the marvelous scenery that stood upon us, I ignored his easily misunderstanding phrase, and took a deep breath. The whole forest, the city, the houses, everything could be seen from up here. The sun shone subtly behind the clouds, and the light found its way in between the trees, creating beautiful patterns on the floor.