Ambush X Injured!Reader (Angst)

Start from the beginning

The entity seemed awfully chatty when pressured, and (Y/n) believed it to be his coping mechanism.

"Are you...alright? You're...pale...and crying..." (Y/n) croaked, lifting a quivering hand toward the entity's face.

Ambush gripped their wrist and drew his face closer, letting their jittery fingers caress it.

See, you're alive.

His own hand covered theirs, as their palm brushed against his cheek. The aftermath of the tears were on it, and they felt how damp it was.

"Were you...crying..?" (Y/n) mustered, their mouth being tugged at the upper corners.

If that is what you call the thing you associate the numb sensation in my chest with then yes, I have been crying.

"..over what..?"

Over you. I was worried sick. I know I've just met you, but I really feel as if I care for you. I wouldn't have hesitated earlier, or let you live. You're the first friends I've had, and I'm not letting it slip.

(Y/n)'s eyes were flooded with tears, and they tried their best to not pain themself any more. To know somebody was paying attention to their well being and being worried about them in their destroyed state had them in the verge of tears.

Their thumb ran just underneath Ambush's eye, as the entity added his other hand onto their wrist to stabilise it.

Tell me, how can I help you get better? Do I need to use any of these things?

"The glass." (Y/n) stated boldly,"I need the glass...out.."

Their weak arms struggled to take off their shirt, as the entity observed. He didn't understand privacy, and opted to help (Y/n).

Ambush scooched behind (Y/n), using his fingernails to drag out any and all shards of glass driven into their back. After each piece was taken out, he saw a stream of blood run the length of (Y/n)'s back. He wanted to bring it to (Y/n)'s attention but feared it would worry them.

(Y/n) took an ice pack out of the medkit, slapping it onto their left eye and holding it there. The swelling was under control and the pain was at ease.

Does it feel better to have company?

"You don't know how much I..." (Y/n) groaned as an especially deep shard was dragged out,"...appreciate you and your help.."

There's no need to repay the favour; I'm doing it because you're my friend and you deserve it.

(Y/n)'s brow furrowed,"I thought Rush was your friend?"

There was a silent scowl from Ambush as he continued picking the glass out.

Rush is an entitled narcissist. We're alike, but do not be fooled; he has no concern for any humans who walk in.

This only further confused (Y/n),"But, aren't you supposed to kill us?"

We have work hours, and if you come during work hours we have the job of killing you.

"Then why did you not kill me then? I guess it was during work hours, since you came flying through the room." (Y/n) scoffed, readjusting their shoulders so their nerves wouldn't scream so loudly.

Rush's heartlessness is what keeps him an outcast. When he learns to accept his flaws, he will finally be treated like more than an entitled child.

(Y/n) winced at the pain of cold air against their wounds. Ambush dabbed a cotton ball doused in alcohol over their back, rubbing the blood.

You're very brave, you know that? I've never met anyone until now who tried to turn back. It sounds backwards, but it is probably a foolish choice to continue forwards. Having to go back through the library and Seek's hallways would be challenging, and I applaud your determination.

"What's...going to become of me..? Will I still escape or..?" (Y/n) thoughtfully hummed, lost in their ponderings.

I could try and patch you up and send you on your way, but Rush might catch you and do worse. Maybe I could set up a room for you, here in the hotel?

Intrigued by his hospitality and the uniqueness of the offer, (Y/n) nodded,"I'd like that, but what about Eyes? My eyes get sore from staring at them and I couldn't live around them, no offense."

I'll see what can be accommodated. In the meantime, there's something else needing to be done.

His hands were on (Y/n)'s stiff shoulders, and he pulled them backwards, so the human was resting on his lap. The wounds were still sore to the touch, but not as painful as they once were.

You're my only friend, so I'll protect you as best I can.

"Do I really mean that much to you? You've known me for such a short amount of time, after all." (Y/n) reasoned, enjoying the warmth of the entity.

Yes. I may have gotten attached to you, but I know you'll make it worthwhile. Having company will be nice, won't it?

(Y/n) murmured in response, bathing in the closeness of the interaction, knowing it was safe.

The entity slipped from underneath them, standing upright. (Y/n), without thinking, grabbed his hand and pleaded,"Please stay. I don't want you to go."

Returning to the bed, Ambush laid beside them. Immediately, they dove into his arms as he rested his head on theirs.

Oh, come here.