Ambush X Injured!Reader (Angst)

Start from the beginning

I'd caught a name; Ambush. Whoever this entity was, a saviour or a slaughterer, was named Ambush.

Wait, I knew who that was. I'd spoken to them prior, when I was rudely shoved into his path but spared the bloodshed. I knew I said I wanted to see him again in later doors, but this wasn't how I'd intended it to pan out.

Noticing my consciousness, Ambush prodded my face where no injury occupied.

Human, are you fit to stand?

A series of mumbled erupted from my mouth as I fought my vocal chords to form a response,"Mm...what..?..."

Human, are you capable of keeping your fragile form upright in this state?

"I-I..."

I was unable to even speak a sentence, what had him believing I could walk?

Very well. I think I can salvage this.

Suddenly and unwarned, Ambush grabbed me, arms securing me in place, and hauled me onto his shoulder. Luckily, my stomach was free of glass or bruises, and I was not pained.

Ambush walked somewhere, me riding somewhat comfortably on his shoulder. I let myself drift off, unable to find a reason to stay awake. I wasn't too fussed about living, and I wanted to sleep more.

Human? Human, please! Please wake!

Shaken roughly, I knew I shouldn't have, but I did.

Human...please don't die on me.

--------------------------------

Ambush's steps grew impatient, worried by the thought of losing the human to Rush's cruel ways.

The body made no motions, only suspended limply by his firmless grip on it. Their arms fell down his back and his legs draped down his front. Their head was nodded downward and their eyes were closed peacefully.

Scurrying desperately into the infirmary, Ambush swung them onto a bed. Hopefully, Ambush flung himself into the drawers, injuring himself in the process, and scavenging through for any medical assistance.

Snatching a medkit from the draw, Ambush raced back to (Y/n)'s bedside, equipped with what he believed would help.

He undid the zipper of the medkit and stuffed his hand into it, rifling through the contents. There were bandaids, alcohol, tape, bandages, but he didn't know what to do.

A numb ache was in Ambush's chest, flooding his body with a nervousness. He found his fingers jittering and his hollow black eyes beginning to water. It was a foreign feeling that he heavily disliked, and he cupped his face in his hands.

Human, please. I don't want this to be your fate. Fight it! You have the strength to surpass Figure, Seek and Rush. Fight it...

(Y/n)'s body was lifeless. A shallow breath crept out of their nostril, and Ambush's hope was returned in a heartbeat.

Human?

Opening their moist eyes, (Y/n) took a minute to wipe the sleep from them.

From their mouth came a weak sentence,"Am I...dead..?"

Human, you're alive! Oh, thank you for fighting it!

Groaning, (Y/n) rested a hand on their scalp,"Concuss...ion.."

Ambush blinked, never having heard the word but being concerned nonetheless.

Will you be okay? I'll stay here with you, like all good friends do. I don't want you to die here, of all places.