Peaceful Evening and Insane Ideas

Nishinoya flew peacefully above the forest, enjoying the last sunrays on his feathers and skin. Gosh he loved the sunsets- even though he was not much a fan of the night.

But getting those last sunrays in was quite important to him, and on his rounds above the forest he could discover something new or interesting time and time again.

Last time he found a bee's nest. Getting that honey was worth being stung- Nishinoya had been scared as hell but his sweet tooth had gotten the better of him, and with Hinata cheering him on a few meters distance away, he felt like he could back out of getting some.

Nishinoya grimaced.

Painful.

But the honey was good, especially the candy his father ended up making from it.

Yet his thoughts were cut short by the view of something black between the trees. Nishinoya halted, circling the spot for a few seconds. What did his sharp eyes spy?

It took only a second for him to realize what it was.

"Why is he still here...?"

Nishinoya saw Hinata's human sitting there, at the same spot he had found him in the morning, clearly exhausted. He did end up feeling a tad bit guilty for leaving him, now that he saw him still sitting in the same spot.

Kageyama told him he couldn't leave the forest, didn't he?

But why?

Nishinoya probably should have listened better. He did not particularly like Kageyama, but Hinata did and he wouldn't forgive him if he let his favorite human be eaten by Japanese Black Bears during the night.
Nishinoya let out a soft groan.

Goddammit.

And he did look like he hadn't eaten all day, either.

Was he really about to do this? Sometimes Nishinoya hated himself.
The bird took a sharp left turn and peacefully traveled through the sky back the way he came from- to his village, deep within the forest.

It didn't last long until he had returned, with a small bag made out of dried leaves. Nishinoya slowly lowered himself, only to make eye contact with Kageyama the moment he noticed his presence- only seconds before his feet and wings hit the ground.
Nishinoya did a few more slight flaps to adjust himself to being back on solid earth, before staring down at Kageyama.

"What is wrong with you?!"

There was no bite behind his words and Kageyama seemed to notice. His response was to break the eye contact and look away.

"Eh, what, snake got your tongue?? Come on, come on, spit it out. You haven't moved all day, I told you you need to go this way."
And Nishinoya proceeded to point back into the direction he knew Kageyama's village was in.

"I can't go there." Kageyama finally stated, slowly choosing his words. Nishinoya found himself in serious lack of an explanation.
Exasperated, he crouched down in front of Kageyama, glaring at him.
"Why not??

Kageyama tensed up a little, then turned his head away once more, trying to avoid Nishinoya's piercing glance. He mumbled something- Nishinoya didn't understand it.
"Geez, speak up, I can't hear you. What's wrong?"
"I SAID I CAN'T GO THERE!!"

Nishinoya flinched and chirped in return, skidding a few steps away in return. Kageyama threw his head back into Nishinoya's direction, expression somewhat desperate and clearly frustrated.
"I-... sorry..."
Slowly recovering from his small shock, the bird grumbled. He favored not to answer, instead, he stretched out the bag towards Kageyama.
"Take it."
Kageyama's frustration slowly manifested into distrust. He didn't budge. Nishinoya was getting pissed. Again.
"Take it you useless human!"