46- The Charm Bracelet

Start from the beginning

*********************************************************

The young blond male coyly looked around at the study when he entered the study with the senior Mr. Jeon, admiring the lavishly furnished room and was dazzled by the amount of books and the extravagant, tasteful original paintings hanged on the walls. They both talked about the paintings and then the books which Mr. Jeon graciously offered Jimin that he can borrow some to take home if he wanted.

"Jimin, I am very happy to know that you and Jungkook are getting along very well now, actually, I presume, are starting to get romantically involved.."

Jimin looked down shyly, but he smiled, not able to disagree.

"Jungkook confessed to me and I haven't seen my son as serious and so certain as he was when he told me about his feelings for you. I believe he was really sincere when he told me, without hesitation, that he loves you."

Jimin's heart leaped with joy.

"At first, I was very much worried that Jungkook seemed to not have been treating you nicely. He was very unhappy about the situation initially and I feared he made you upset a few times. I would like to apologize for every possible upsetting or hurtful things my son might have caused you."

"Please don't apologize Mr. Jeon, they weren't your faults at all. I've already accepted Jungkook's apologies and we mended the bad things between us. W-We are now trying to start over . Please don't worry. And thank you so much for always being concerned about me.  I-I deeeply appreciate it, Mr. Jeon."

"You are very special to me, Jimin. I feel like you are my other son. I am happy that you are the one who will be my Jungkook's other half."

Jimin was really touched by the elder's words. He wonders why Mr.Jeon does feel that way about him but he is really grateful and glad.

"T-Thank you so much Mr. Jeon. From the start you have been very kind to me. I don't know what I did to make you feel that way about me but I am really grateful and happy that you do. You are like the..the f-father that I've always wished to have again."

"I am very happy to know you feel that way about me. Please know, I will always be here to be that kind of person to you. By that, perhaps you can call me dad or father from now on whichever you like."

"D-Dad? I am not sure if it's right to call you that already Mr. Jeon."

"Jimin, there's never a wrong time for you to call me that. You are clearly a wonderful kid. You didn't need to do anything to persuade me not to believe otherwise. At the start I knew, so I really like you for my son. So, in saying that, let me give you a small gift, I've been longing to give you. Just take it as a welcoming gift from your soon to be father-in-law, to welcome you into our family."

With that said, Mr. Jeon took something from his desk's drawer, a small velvety, purple box and gave it to Jimin, who was quite surprised at the unexpected thoughtful gesture of Mr. Jeon.

"Y-You didn't need to, Mr. Jeon. I mean.. d-dad."

"But I love to..It is really for you Jimin. Open it."

When Jimin flipped open the small box, he was enthralled by a white-gold chained bracelet with little charms attached to it. He looked at each of the tiny but exquisite charms. There is an initial J letter, a star, a half moon , a heart and a diamond gem. It was beautiful.

"T-Thank you so much. It's so pretty. I really love it, Mr. Jeon."

"Here, let me help you wear it. My eyesight is still quite good, you know, haha!"

And Mr. Jeon helped put the bracelet on Jimin's wrist and clasped it.

The door of the study opened and they were both startled at the sudden appearance of Jungkook.