45- The Kiss-blocker And Late Morning Tête-à-tête

"D-Dad! W-What are you doing here?!" Jungkook exclaimed with uncontrolled loud, high-pitch flustered voice.

Both him and Jimin were so startled that they jumped away from each other like frightened cats, to see the senior Mr. Jeon standing in the doorway of the kitchen, an indescribable expression on his face. The air was so stifling and awkward.

"What am I doing here? This is my house, I live here." Mr. Jeon gibed.

"Don't be s-sarcastic, dad. You know what I mean. What are you doing here at this hour?"

"What are you both doing here at this hour? What is Jimin doing here?" Retorted Mr. Jeon.

"D-Dad?!" Jungkook cried out again in disbelief.

Jimin's looking so embarrassed, he was staying still and quiet, averting his face.

"Y-You're supposed to be in Japan, as I was informed.."

"If our plane is beyond doubt, an invincible, indestructible machine that can cut through this very bad weather, yes I would've been there sleeping in my suite in Tokyo, right now. We were advised to cancel our flight to be safer. I was hoping the storm will just pass shortly and subside. I was planning to go to the private airport directly from the office. I waited at my office while finishing some work but it seemed the weather wanted me to go home and.... am I glad that I did!"

"Dad!" Jungkook glared at his father with a reprimanding tone. "You shouldn't sneak on us like this."

"I didn't sneak in on you."

"You came in so quietly like some burglar!'

"I wasn't quiet. You were the ones who turned deaf and oblivious to... ah let's stop this. I am sorry if I have interrupted something. I am glad to see you here Jimin, really I am. But I didn't expect to see you here."

"G-Good eve..morning, Mr. Jeon. Well, I-I .. J-Jungkook..." he couldn't look straight at the elder.

"I invited him here to have dinner. We had an early dinner, the bad weather happened of course, so Jimin stayed, and we got hungry and we chatted over some late night snacks."

"Having ramyeon?"

"Dad!" Jungkook's eyes widened as saucers.

"What?!I see your ramyeon cups there on the table! What did I say wrong?..Kids!" Mr. Jeon shook his head in disapproval.

Jungkook embarrassingly scratched his neck. He got absent-minded. They did eat ramyeon. "A-Ah y-yes..Do you want some, dad.? Have you eaten?"

"Yes. I've had my meal. I just passed by to have a glass of water."

"Ah, ok. It's good you're safely home dad... I will send Jimin now to his room. It's getting late. He still has classes later at, what time Jimin?"

"At e-eight."

"Then, you should retire to bed now. But it's probable that classes will be suspended today. It seems this storm isn't going to subside soon."

"G-Goodnight then, Mr. Jeon. Have a nice sleep." Jimin said, smiling shyly at the elder man who was kindly looking at him.

"Goodnight Jimin. Rest well. It's really good to see you here and know you and Jungkook had spent some quality time."

"Goodnight, dad... ah by the way, to just let you know so you won't be startled, we have one more visitor, Kim Seokjin, he is Namjoon hyung's special guest and Jimin's friend.. I think they are upstairs in the lounge room.. so you won't walk-in and...surprise them."

"Oh! Alright. That is nice. The house is becoming alive again. Namjoon never brought any special guest here before. Well, ok kids, go, rest well. Have a good night. I will be retiring to my room too after I'll drink some water."