The incident

One of the few memories that Eclipsa had that she remembered when she was just three months old was when she was almost poisoned.

    Whatever it was, was in her milk, and Eclipsa had been watched over by the midwives, while her mother was busy caging up the monsters they found in the village. She was very tight-lipped about the whole ordeal too, not letting anyone in on what she was planning.

    Even the Magic High Commission was in the dark, the only one even having the slightest clue of what was going on was Glossaryck.

    He didn't seem to approve of it either, attempting to talk Solaria out of it. But his words fell on deaf ears, Solaria too focused on her plannings.

    And then the incident happened.

   Eclipsa had been suckling on her bottle when her throat began to feel dry, and she hiccupped strange colored bubbles. She began to cry, as a fiery ache started in her throat, spreading out to her belly.

    This caught the midwife by surprise, and panic ensure. She called out to the guards, and told them to alert the healer, and Queen Solaria as quickly as possible.

    They scattered, and the midwife placed Eclipsa on the bed, rubbing her back up and down in an attempt to bring up the milk she had drunk.

    Eclipsa was crying, her little mouth opened as she heaved a bit, and footsteps followed through as Solaria barreled through, taking the midwife's place. Eclipsa continued to cry, hiccupping purple bubbles.

    "Toxic bubbles." Solaria whispered, and she screamed for Glossaryck who appeared holding a vial. The vial contained a dark purple liquid, and she took it from his grasp, dumping the liquid down Eclipsa's throat.

     Instantly, the purple bubbles ceased, though Eclipsa's skin began to take on a strange purple hue, her curls deepening into an emerald green.

    "It's a side effect from the elixir." Glossaryck replied, and Solaria nodded, relief on her face.

     Baby Eclipsa was all smiles as her mother bounced her on her hip, soft cooing noises coming out of her. Solaria glared at the midwife though, her eyes seething.

     "What happened?" Solaria asked in a cold, calm voice. 

      The midwife began to tremble, her face going red, as she backed up away from her.

     "I promise I tasted the milk before giving it to her, Your Majesty, and look, I still stand." she stuttered out.

      It was the wrong thing to say, Solaria handed off Eclipsa to nearby maid, stepping closer to the midwife.

     "So if it effected my daughter, and not you, that must mean you tried to poison her." Solaria accused, pulling out her wand as it flared up to it's sword size.

      The midwife was then crying, begging for mercy, as Solaria grabbed her wand with both hands, pointing it out to her.

     "Someone who tried to cast harm unto my daughter, show me the one that I must slaughter." she said, a red portal forming. An unknown figure wearing a cloak ran down the hallways, and Solaria glared at them, snapping her fingers. Instantly the guards flooded out, and Solaria breathed through her nose, trying to contain her anger.

     It was one thing they tried to harm her, poison her too, which was fine since she had built up an immunity to poison, but her daughter? A baby that hadn't had the chance to learn how to defend herself?

    This was unacceptable.

    "When he is caught, call for an order of execution. I will be the one doing it. I must show them that I or my daughter aren't to be trifled with." she ordered, and two of her three personal knights nodded as they rushed off.

     Solaria took Eclipsa from the maid, looking for the baby sling. There wasn't anyone she could really trust; when they saw her, all they saw was the crown. Her and her daughter were just obstacles that needed to be put out of the way.

    Well. she'd make sure her kingdom, and especially her enemies knew that she wasn't one to be taken lightly.

    She kissed the top of Eclipsa's head, her hair smelling faintly of blackberries, and headed out.

    She had an execution she didn't want to miss.

    The person who had tried to poison Eclipsa was caught. A hired assassin who had put the toxin in Eclipsa's milk after the midwife had tasted it, he was a slug monster. That infuriated Solaria even more, and she kissed Eclipsa's head again. 

    Since the incident, Eclipsa was always within her mother's line of sight, always in her baby sling. And since Eclipsa didn't fuss like most babies did, she also attended the royal meetings.

    Solaria had assigned three of her most trusted knights to watch over her daughter while the execution was still in progress. Pulling out her wand, it flashed into a blade, and she placed the blade close to her lips, as she whispered a spell:

    "Through righteous power, and righteous might, give me the magic to end the monster's fright." she said, and the blade grew, shining so bright, it was hard to look at.

      She stepped up to the platform, her people cheering her on, and booing the monster that was tied, and trying hard to escape.

      "People of Mewni, this monster has provoked an attack on not me, but my daughter. I will not have such disrespect and atrocious behavior in my kingdom." she glared at the crowd, and they cheered, throwing food at the slug monster. "Apparently, it is too much to ask for the monsters to behave accordingly, so to teach them all a lesson, " Solaria raised her hand, where her wand blade shimmered, and looked menacingly dangerous. 

      She walked towards the slug monster, it's eyes bugging as it tried to talk but it had been gagged. The slug monster had been tortured into exposing who had hired it, and when it had refused, Solaria had merely had him tied up.

     That was fine with her anyway. She had other ways to hunt down its employer.

     She raised her sword to the sky, and without another moment's hesitation, brought it down on the slug monster. It screeched as its skin dried out, turning into green salt, dissolving slowly, and painfully.

     The people of Mewni went ballistic then, cheering Solaria's name, and she powered down her wand, waving at them all.

     "I am on a mission to wipe out these infernal creatures, and if you are interested in becoming one of my soldiers, please enter the kingdom. While that's going on, I'm putting Glossaryck in charge so I can go to the nearby villages and scout out potential Solarian soldiers. I will return in a month. And remember, I am doing all of this so that you may all have a safer tomorrow."

    Applause and whistling was heard, and Solaria walked past the maid who was sweeping up the remaining of the slug monster away. Solaria scooped up Eclipsa and placed her in her baby sling.

    Tomorrow, her course of action would take place.