Preface

The news was brought to Queen Solaria as she braided the rest of her hair. It was a long braid, going down to her waist, her eyes fierce and angry.
     She had a hand on her belly, rubbing it gently.
     As if sensing her mother's touch, there was a gentle kick, and Solaria cracked out a rare smile.

     It was then, that a messenger ran in, holding a scroll in a tight grip. He handed it off to her, leaning over on his knees, as he tried to catch his breathing.

     Solaria rolled her eyes at the sight of the pathetic messenger and opened the scroll. She breezed through it, stopping at the last sentence.

     It was a declaration of death; her husband King Alphonse had been killed in a monster raid. Solaria clenched the scroll in her hands, and tears began to sting her eyes as she realized that that those disgusting creatures were at fault for murdering her husband.

     She felt bile build up in her throat, and she chucked the scroll at the wall with full force, making a dent in it. The messenger ducked down, in fear of the Queen, his whole body trembling in fear.

     Solaria wanted to take her anger out on something, anything, and she raised her fist to punch the castle's wall-

     -when a sudden pain filled her instead.

       She took an uneasy breath of air, placing her hands on her belly in confusion. the baby wasn't due for two more weeks, was it possible for the arrival to be-

        Another pain hit her then, fiercer than the last one, and she cried out.

       "G...get the midwives now!" she ordered the messenger, and he nodded, running back through the double doors, and down the hallway.

         Solaria hunched over on herself, trying to breathe evenly. And though this was an unexpected arrival, she could feel the excitement tinged with sadness.

        Her husband wouldn't be able to be a part of this; she would have to raise their daughter on her own. Though the thought crushed her, she knew she would do everything to ensure her daughter was a fierce warrior, who was able to protect herself from any threats.

      Just as she had, and her husband had before.

      Solaria couldn't take the pain anymore, and she took a knee, taking shallow gasps. Someone ran in, a woman with unruly curly hair covered with a bonnet, her long dress plain and gray. She took Solaria's hand and led her to the medical wing of the castle, telling her to breathe slowly, and carefully.

    Fifteen hours later, a baby girl was brought into the kingdom of Mewni. She was beautiful, having curly green curls, and maroonish spades on her baby cheeks. Solaria cooed over her newborn, the baby asleep in her arms.

    Although Solaria wanted to stay in bed and adore her daughter, she had a funeral to plan, and then had other plans she needed to go over. She had a way to rid the monsters of Mewni for good.

   As she handed off her daughter to the nurse that helped her, she got up from the bed, wincing at the pain that simmered in the back of her waist. Her midwife had tried to give her herbs that would numb the pain of birthing, and another herb to help her rest.

    Of course, Solaria refused, opting to stay awake. She didn't have time to rest, knowing there was so much to do.

    Gradually, Solaria felt the pain ease as she stretched and moved her body carefully and slowly. She practiced her spells with her wand (a blade with the crest matching the lightning bolts on her cheek, the end being concentrated red magic that looked like a blade, with a golden handle) and she smiled proud of herself.

    Though she had no time to gloat, she walked into the conference room where the Magic High Commision awaited her:

-Glossaryck, a magical tiny blue man with a purple gem inserted in his forehead. He wore a yellow robe that was knotted closed at the waist. Glossaryck had a white beard that no matter what state he was in, was always white and clean.

-Hekapoo, a girl with pale skin that had spikes on her arms, and yellow horns. She was a creation of Glossaryck, created for interdimensional hopping. She created scissors to momentarily break through the dimensions and jump across to another plane of existence. Hekapoo had a crown and an always blazing flame, wearing a small black tiara. She played with the ends of her yellow ball gown, dropping it at the sight of Solaria, and gave her a nervous smile, flashing her pointy teeth.

-Omnitraxus Prime, a skull-shaped creation made by Glossaryck who existed to guide the current royalty of Mewni, and to maintain order within the multiverse of Mewni. His form was way too massive, so he resided in a crystal ball, his face serious as his pupilless eyes stared everywhere but at Solaria.

-Lekmet, one of the few that wasn't created by Glossaryck, he was a big goat that walked on his hind legs, having two large bat wings. He sat at the head of the table chewing on a tin can, wearing his classic black robe.

    And then of course, there was the screaming and arguing. Solaria could feel the headache form behind her eyes, as she listened to the guttural screaming of the least favored one, Rhombulus. The crystal headed nuance was screaming at Glossaryck, his snake hands snapping their fangs at him. 

   Solaria understood that he was strong, but his idiocy outweighed his usefulness, and as he screamed again, she snatched him by the back of the neck, tossing him out of the room. He crashed through walls, and Solaria snapped her fingers as she ordered the guards to close the doors on him.

    She sat down at her seat, wincing a bit from the hardwood chair.

    "Your Majesty, may I start off with my condolences, and congratulations. It's a bittersweet day for you indeed. How is the princess?" Glossaryck asked, treading around Solaria carefully, as he flew near her.

    "I've named my daughter Eclipsa, and she is being taken care of with the midwives currently. My husband's passing," she tapped her fist on the table, a sure sign that she was struggling to control her anger, and the others shrank away in fear. "what exactly happened?"

    The others glanced around fearfully, and Solaria could feel herself readying to snap. "Tell me what happened right now!" she ordered, and Glossaryck sighed as he flew closer to her, using a holographic-projection spell to show Solaria everything that had happened.

     Solaria watched in silence as her husband walked around, not wearing his battle amor like Solaria had told him millions of times. A ragtag group of giant monsters then appeared, springing from behind him. Sharp teeth snapped at his face, and suddenly dust was being kicked up from all around.

    Solaria glared through the screen, trying to look past the dust, but it was a vain attempt. When it was all said and done, Alphonse laid there in a crumpled heap.

    Solaria refused to cry. She glared at the floor, trying to gather her bearings, taking in a shaky breath. A hand was placed on her shoulder, and when she turned, Glossaryck hovered there, offering her comfort.

    She wiped her eyes, and stood up, pushing her chair back.

    "Gather as much monsters as possible. Then place them in the dungeon for now. I must go to my chambers, and spend time with my daughter."

    "If I may ask, what are you going to do with them?" Hekapoo asked meekly.

     Solaria turned to look at Hekapoo. "No, you may not ask. Gather some wagons, and such, I'd like to take a trip in three month's time."

      And with that, she walked out, slamming the door against Rhombulus, who then laid on the floor unconcious.

    "Pathetic trash." she said, as she walked off.