𝐢𝐱. the forbidden zone

Start from the beginning

"I think you better tell him that." Kie whispered, getting up from her chair and clutching the back of Red's, then getting up and walking to the dance floor where she called John B to dance with her.

Red moved her shoulders along from her chair, glancing at Pope, who was staring at John B and Kiara with a sad expression.

Oh no, Pope liked Kie.

As an idea popped into Red's brain to try to cheer Pope up, she got out of her chair and danced her way over to where the boy sat and tried to pull him on.

"Oh, God no." Pope acknowledged the girl who had noticed his antics, but she kept going, mouthing the words to the song.

Red pulled Pope out of his seat, Pope pretended not to enjoy her care for him, "C'mon!!"

Red embarrassed her self completely doing stupid dance moves, but it was worth it because it made Pope feel better as he also danced along.

Red moved her head closer to the boy's ear whispering, "Get her back."

Pope shook his head with a wide smile, "I can try."

With those words, Red walked over to where JJ was sitting and sat down next to him. "Hey."

"Hi." JJ beamed. "You're done dancing for today or..."

"Nope." She responded, pulling him up with her and nearly running to the floor next to where Pope now danced with Kie and John B danced solo.

The upbeat song didn't last forever, and soon enough, Red was already on her way home to go to bed as it was 10:30 already and it would quickly be past her curfew.

The door shut quietly when she entered her room, and her dad was still awake, but he didn't need to get on her due to the fact that she had gotten home before 10:45 which had been her recent curfew.

The next morning, Red was enjoying being at home and having a few hours to herself with the exception of her dad.

There had been so much going on in her life such as looking for a treasure that might not even be there, or having a relationship with someone her dad hates.

She deserved some rest.

But, did she get much of it? No, because her phone dinged with a text from JJ.

Red rolled her eyes putting the phone back down, and picked it back up to text her other friend