Chapter 5

Last Time

This was the last straw for Percy. Has Izuku mastered this power? No. Does he still have a lot to learn? Absolutely. It's all well and good to scold Izuku, but telling him that straight to his face, not knowing of the hardships that Izuku had to overcome to get to where he is now? That was unacceptable for him, so he moved, before he could even think and ran towards the two, much to the dismay of the class who had protested the moment he moved.

Percy ignored them, cutting off Aizawa's scarf which was latched onto Izuku, as the scarf retreated back to the black-haired man's neck. Aizawa's eye colour reverts back to its original black, as he looks at Percy with a disapproving look.

"Sorry, but..."

"I don't like it when someone talks to my friend like that"

/ - /

Chapter 5

/ - /

"Sorry, but..."

"I don't like it when someone talks to my friend like that" Percy says, looking back at Aizawa's glare with a fierce stare of his own, as the hero gives him an unamused look, while the class and Izuku merely watched in awe and silence at the scene unfolding.

Aizawa sighs, blinking for a moment, as his eyes revert back to their original black once he opens them again. He looks at Percy, who stood in front of him, shielding Izuku.

"Go back in line with the rest of the class, Jackson" He spoke, as Percy looked like he didn't even hear him or the boy just ignored what Aizawa said. The odds were pointing more at the latter, as Percy replied with "No"

"And why is that? Your friend over there..." Aizawa gestures to Izuku, who cowered behind Percy once he found himself under his stare, avoiding eye contact with him "Is not fit to be a hero, he couldn't save more than one person even if he wanted to, because of the drawbacks to his quirk, which he can't even control"

"Someone like that is unpredictable and will be a nuisance, and will probably cost the lives of many who he will fail to save in the future. With that in mind, he does not deserve to be in this class, much less this school, it was a miracle in on itself that he was accepted in the first place" Aizawa says, ignoring Izuku who hung his head low in defeat after hearing every word that he said, each word having sent a jab at him, hurting him deeply, which didn't sit well with Percy.

"Let's make a bet" Percy said out of the blue, surprising the whole class, Izuku and even Aizawa, whose brow raised slightly in amusement and a tinge of curiosity, as he wanted to see where he was going with this. "Very well"

The response obviously wasn't anticipated by the class, as they all watched the scene closely, wanting to see what would transpire.

"I bet that Izuku will be able to get more than five hundred meters without breaking his whole body in one swing" Percy says, as Aizawa looks at him questioningly "What are the stakes?"

"If Izuku does prove you wrong, you have to apologise to him for what you said earlier" Percy says, as the class gasps at his proposition with it sounding disrespectful to the teacher, who really couldn't care less and much to the shock of the class, Aizawa replies "Okay then"

"But..." Aizawa cuts off whatever Percy was about to say, as he had not stated the condition of the repercussions should Izuku fail to prove him wrong.

"If he loses, then I will expel him" Aizawa finishes, making Percy sweat a little nervously, before Aizawa then steps back a little "You may begin whenever you want, though it would be better if you make this quick, I need to take a nap, you're all taking my time and..."