𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 || 𝐃𝐮𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Brooklyn, you have to understand that he lost his other half. He's still trying to get over it and as his family, we have to be there for him."

"Ma I know but he wasn't the only one who lost someone that night, I lost my sister too, and it also seems like my brother as well."

"Brooklyn, I—I gotta call you back, I'm about to start driving love you" She sighs before quickly hanging up the phone.

She jumps in the car, slaming the door behind her. She sat there for a moment taking a few deep breaths at a time.

Once she felt calm enough to drive, she did just that. She started the engine and pulled out of the lot.

-

"Imani?"she yells out to bring the bags inside and placing them on the kitchen island.

"Yuur" she replies, skipping down the stairs, already seeing Brooklyn placing food in the frigid

"What happened to your car"

"It's at the shop" she whined picking up one of the grocery bags and bringing them to her. "When I was about head out for work this morning, it wouldn't start."

"Which shop?"

"My brother's shop"

"Okay, do you want me to take you to get it?" she asks closing the door to the refrigerator and turning to look at Imani.

"Yea tomorrow, just to his house"

"Okay we have to go early because I'm leaving for my parent's house around 1:00"

"Deal," she said pulling her phone from her back pocket and hopping on the kitchen counter.

After she finish putting up all the food, Brooklyn took all the empty bags and balled them up and put them in one of the cupboards.

She looked over to Imani, seeing that she was chesseing hard while looking at her phone. Brooklyn moved over towards her trying to get a good look at who had her smiling.

"Who's that?" She spoke causing Imani to look up, and once she realized that Brooklyn was looking at what she was looking at, she pulled her phone to her chest.

"Nobody" she responded trying to hid her smile but failed.

"Girl" she chuckled out "who you tryna lie to?"

"Ok, ok, so you really wanna know"

"Umm, duh" she dragged out making Imani roll her eyes.

"Not to fucking much, but anyways. It's this boy I'm talking to and— the one from last night?"

"Girl what, ew fuck no"

"What? He was fine as hell, what wrong with him" she asked leaning her upper body against the grey marble counter watching Imani facial expression turn to disgust.

"That black fat neck ass nigga was my brother"

"Ooh, oops my bad, continue"